Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have been having issues with the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printing too high on the page. It cuts off any margins. I have tried to update the drivers, I have aligned printerheads, I have calibrated the feed, and even completely restored to factory settings. This issue is pervasive in all applications, Word, Adobe, Excel, Photo Printing, Web printing EVERYTHING.

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve your Officejet Pro 8610 printer printing too high on the page.  This can result if the paper is not feeding properly, I would suggest cleaning the rollers as shown in step three.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

That didn't work but thank you for trying anyway. Doing this however did let me figure out that it doesn't have the issue when I copy a page, only when I print from my computer. Interestingly, I then tried printing from my phone and it prints fine. So is it a driver issue?

HP Recommended

Indications are that this is a driver issue, but the full feature driver on the HP website is the original, released in November 2015 and I have not seen any reports of this as a known issue.

Are you using the HP driver or are using the driver installed through Windows?  I would suggest installing (or reinstalling) the HP driver from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5....  There have also been some firmware updates, the latest is from October 2016 and is version 1640B.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.