Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

The printer worked before. It's working when we print from other devices. I tried updating my OS, no luck. I tried canceling the jobs and restarting, no luck. Tried restarting the computer, no luck. Tried deleting the printer from my computer and now adding it back and that's not working either. The printer deleted and now the computer can't find it again. Can someone please help? This is deeply frustrating. 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @ElizabethPaul , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are experiencing connectivity issues. I would like to help!

I would recommend performing a power reset.   Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd also suggest this document on Wireless printing center Troubleshooting Issues.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Yes very frustrating, this printer constantly loses connection.  I keep restarting it, plugging in the wireless passwords over and over, it prints one page, then refuses to print the next print job.

Such a fancy expensive printer, but absolutely horrible to get working.  HP needs to actually ' test' their products before selling them.

I'm constantly unable to use my printer, sitting here for hours restarting printer, restarting machine, one print job finally comes out like a 'ghost' as there are no prints in the que... it prints have the page.... pauses, then finishes it....

HELP with the connectivity problems please !

HP Recommended

I have had this exact same issue as well.  The printer doesn't keep the wifi connection active.  There was an update to the driver, which I installed, but the issue still persists.  The problem doesn't seem to happen on my wife's computer, which has Mac OS Yosemite on it.  My laptop, which has El Capitan, doesn't seem to have the issue.  I'm going to upgrade her computer and see if the problem persists.

HP Recommended

Have you solved this? I used to be able to print fine, but for hte past week NOTHING, no matter what I do.

I can scan to my laptop (from the feeder and tray), print test pages, use the printer utility.... BUT I CANNOT PRINT FROM MY COMPUTER!!!!

I have deadlines, important documents, this is nuts!

I have restarted and everything everything. Using Wifi and 10.11.3

Thanks

HP Recommended

I assume you solved this by now, but if not, I re-downloaded all the drivers and that WORKED.

Good luck to everyone with this excrutiatingly frustrating problem. 

HP Recommended

What is happening is that after the printer goes to sleep, the wifi interface is not woken up by network traffic.  Initially, the printer is fine, and then suddenly it starts printing intermittently. This problem is only experienced by some people because there is a bug in the printer that is triggered only by selecting only certain printer configurations.  The solution is reset the printer back to factory defaults, reconnect it to wireless network, and change as few of the other settings as possible.

To reset the printer:

- enter the ip address of the print in your browser

- click on the Settings tab

- click on Restore Defaults in the left menu

- click on Restore Factory Defaults in the left menu

- in the right screen click on the button labeled "Restore Factor Defaults" and follow the prompts.

Go to the printer's touch screen and reconnect it to the wireless network.

Alternatively, reset the printer to factory defaults using this procedure:

http://resetprinters.com/how-to-reset-the-hp-officejet-pro-8600-premium-all-in-one-printer/

and then go to the printer's touch screen and reconnect it to the wireless network.

HP Recommended

THIS IS A JOKE!!! Has anyone fixed this?????? 

HP Recommended

I am having the same exact issue...did you ever resolve? I am about to return it

HP Recommended

I had this issue with a past HP wireless printer, as well as the 8610.  I opted to set a static IP address and it has been working like a charm for the past few weeks.  It's Solution 3 in this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8610-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5367603/model/... or you can google it. Hope this is helpful!  I was about to pull my hair out!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.