cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
layla2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8610

HP Officejet Pro 8610

My HP Officejet Pro 8610 fax/scanner/printer has an error code 0xc19a0023. It says that the printhead is missing, not detected or incorrectly intalled. Sometimes, when I power down and power back on, the error code disappears and it works. Today, that is not working.

I would love a remedy for this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 8
Level 8
1,049 1,049 66 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8610

Hi layla2,

I'm sorry you are getting an error message on your printer. 

You may be able to get it to work again by doing what you've done in the past - but this time unplug it and remove the USB cord.  Take out the ink cartridges before unplugging and then re-insert them.

Here is a document that describes these steps.

Your printer is experiencing some kind of internal error.  Somtimes it can be recovered, but unfortuantely it often cannot. 

Even if you get the printer working again - you may need to start shopping for a replacement. 

If the printer is in warranty please contact HP Customer Support for a replacement.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation