Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello CanonHereICome

May i know the OS installed on your PC ?

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue as mentioned here often.... Documents won't print. It never does from Excel, sometimes it does from Word and mostly it does from Acrobat Reader, but not always. You can see the document briefly appear in the Windows spooler list and then disappears without any error, but the printer does not react at all. I believe it has someything to do with the content of the document, not necesarily with the application itself.

I tried all solutions given, Print and Scan Doctor, even reinstalling and repairing office and Acrobat, but nothing helps, the issue always returns. Never had this problem before with my Canon MP810 which worked like a truck for 8 years non-stop.

Really, intensely annoying!

We need a solution HP!

Thanks

pietpara

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have done it again and again but it always says everything is fine and the test page prints fine.

Many other members here mention the same thing so you should realize that it is an issue that the Print and Scan Doctor cannot detect.

Basically the printer does print, just not always and it seems to depend on the content of the document, be it Word, Excel PDF and what not.

For instance, now I have two PDFs open in Acrobat, one prints and the other doesn't. I can send you the files if it helps.

Excel, however, has never printed anything, whether just a simple cell with text or a more elaborate sheet. 

The printer I have is brand new and used for business purposes, but with this issue the printer is basically useless and costing me money.

So I hope that a solution comes quick.

many thanks

pietpara

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as many people in this thread - can print an "internal test page" from the "Doctor" but cannot print from any of my apps on my Windows 10 (64-bit) laptop, which is an HP Pavilion G7 running perfectly in every other way. I have had the printer (8620) for three weeks now....no issues with two other Win10 PC's in the house, all connecting to the printer wirelessly. I can't believe HP doesn't have a solution for this with so many people reporting it.

I see the same three solutions suggested repeatedly - use the HP Print and Scan Doctor, uninstall and reinstall the printer software and drivers, and power cycle the printer. Reminds of all the issues I had with my Photosmart c309a. Time to return this P.O.S. 8620 and buy a Canon.

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem and was very frustrated.

It seemed that although my printer's status said it was connected to the wireless network (and indeed it was showing as connected to the wireless network via all configuration/diagnostic reports) it was not not fully connected due to a phantom issue with the hub!!!! 

I realised there was an issue with the hub, because occassionally I couldn't connect to the embedded web server (EWS) when i entered the printer's IP address into the address bar.

Solution - I found that physically disconnecting/resetting my hub and HP printer fixed the problem temporarily.

Also, I decided to assign a fixed/satic IP address to the printer (rather than allowing the Hub to automatically assign this) and it has been working perfectly since. Please see below video on how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYNMNKJMX4

The final step is slightly different to update the IP address in the HP folder for the HP8620.

Instead I opened the HP Printer Assistant software (i.e. the HP Officejet Pro 8620 shortcut from start menu), selected the "utilities" tab, then selected "Update IP Address" icon. The test should work once your router has reset and internet connetivity fully restored.

Good luck!

Trav

Sometimes, your computer loses communication with your wireless HP printer. Assigning a static IP address for your printer might help with this problem. This video shows you how to assign a static IP address to an HP printer running on Windows 7, using an Internet browser. This assigned IP address
HP Recommended

Just purchased the 8620 yesterday and set it up wirelessly... eprint works, scanning works, internal print works... but like everyone else, printing from the computer does NOT!!!  I'm running windows 10 on a samsung laptop which works fine.

Have tried every trick listed and have tried that useless print doctor.... nothing cures the issue.  A printer isn't much good for anything if it work perform it's basic function.  Why is it after a year of people posting the same issue that there isn't a fix.... better yet, why are these printers still being sold?  I guess quality control at HP is non existent anymore.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, posted here a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere in these forums I saw a suugestion that worked for me - go into the printer's properties and change the driver to "HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Class Driver". Solved my issue instantly...I don't seem to have lost any functionality. Tech companies are frustrating in that they don't admit to an issue until they solve it...even then it will be a vague admission. I'm sure they'll have an updated driver with the fix soon.

HP Recommended
I'm running Windows 10
HP Recommended

I would just like to add my name to the growing list with this problem - I have literally been trying to solve this problem for months and patient though I am, my frustration is growing. I have done every suggested solution above and run the support assistant countless times - on occassions it works for a day or 2 and then reverts to the same problem.

The only new thing I would like to add to the list is that my Ipad and Iphone print perfectly every time even when the 8620 is asleep - I have just printed from my phone with no problem - I then tried on the computer - computer (Dell all in one) was on, printer awake and could not print from the same email 2 minutes later! This time I turned the printer on and off which usually allows me to print from the computer and empties the queue but not this time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.