Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have HP Officejet Pro 8620 yesterday my black cartridge 950XL black depleted i changed with new  genuine 950XL cartridge..after showing welcome screen, HP offerd me to download free gift, and that gift was some driver update for free, i downloaded the driver and it got installed in my system. but after all this happend my priner started malfuncioning a msg sayin Printer failure, there is problem in ink system or printer etc appeared on the front panel of the printer i did all the trouble shooting listed under help tab but in vain.  i the deplated cartridge again and printer error was gone only it kept saying previously used cartridge installed after some time it started sayin ink cartridges deplated. then i decided to change the cartridge again so i bought a 2nd new cartridge of the same number 950XL and changed this new one with empty cartridge. unfortunately this time again it desplayed the same old msg Printer Failure etc. gain after puting empty cartridge the printer failure msg disappeared. please help..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GHOSTMAN_,

Good Day! A warm welcome to the HP support forums. I reviewed the post regarding printer failure errors.  I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Excellent description and superb diagnosis of the issue were done before posting.

I would require more information in this regard to assist you better.

• Did you bypass power strips and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet?
  • Did this happen after a printer firmware update?

For a start please try the resolutions found in these links

Resolving printer failure errors Link 1

Resolving printer failure error messages link 2 If the issue persists despite this, then the printer has a hardware issue and please contact HP phone support to try and get the situation corrected as described in Link2.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.