Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (4,542 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7480 printing white lines

I am having an issue that has popped up suddenly. This is a brand new printer (less than 1 month). I ran all the maintenence under the tools on the printer but it is still printing (or not printing??) white lines throughout my print jobs...

Here is a scan of one of the printjobs. You can easily see where the white lines are. I have also updated all the drivers for this device. Has anyone seen this issue? Any idea what causes it? And of course, is there a fix?

I bought this printer at a going out of business sale so I can't exchange/return it.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 7 (4,512 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro L7480 printing white lines

Wow a whole bunch of nothing even after a few days?
Student
Message 3 of 7 (4,105 Views)

did you have any luck finding a solution?

I have a similar problem with my office jet 7310 on horizontal lines.

VERY FRUSTRATING~!!!!

SEM Student
Student
Message 4 of 7 (3,934 Views)

After several failed attempts to clean the print head and  replacing the ink cartridge with a new one there seemd to be only erratic improvements .  All the colours were OK but the black ink was not getting to the paper.

As a last resort I removed the black print head and gently wiped it with a tissue to remove what appeared to be small flecks of black ink on the black side.  When I put the print head back it worked immediately.

Hope this is of help. 

Student
Message 5 of 7 (3,496 Views)

I am having the same problem and the wiping of the print head hasn't helped.  Does anyone have another solution>

Top Student
Message 6 of 7 (2,902 Views)

Exact same problem for me. Printer is an Officejet Pro L7590. I just shelled out more than 60 bucks and replaced the black/yellow print head thinking that would solve my problem. WRONG! This is the main printer for my wife's home office and has worked ok for about two years. The black/yellow printhead was replaced once before, about six months ago. Any ideas what to try would be appreciated, otherwise anybody want to buy a printer that prints most of the lines ok?

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (2,196 Views)

After a 2hr phone call with tech support, here is the solution; the L7600 Series printer have a firmware update (file name: OfficejetProK7600_R2011PxN.exe) my printer was bought in 2008 thus my print head is a 2008 model, and new print heads are a 2011 modem, they don’t work right in a 2008 model this is PER the tech rep and his name was John unless you upgrade the firmware.
So I upgraded the firmware from a 2004NxN to the 2011PxN and now my printer says damaged or missing print head, I place the original print head from 2008 back in the machine and it’s fine, so I bought a 3rd print head for 2011 and it says the print head is damaged.
After another 30min or so I was told I have a bad printer and sorry the warranty is out, but the old print head works but any new print heads do not, this sounds like a HP Error firmware / hardware compatibility issue, not my issue, but HP will not repair.
HP has no fix nor will they repair the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation