cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Buccosfan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Officejet Scanning issue

HP Recommended
Officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to scan a series of handwritten letters that totals around 300 pages.  I assumed that at some point the file would become too large so I continued to save my work.  I'd do twenty pages then save.  Twenty pages and then save again (over my original save).  I finally reached the point where the file became too big (after 100 pages).  However, when I went to retrieve the last saved version, it was no longer in my folder.  Is there anyway to retrieve?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,925 25,804 1,425 1,495
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Buccosfan

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues while scanning from HP Officejet  8600 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer,(USB or wireless) ?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes recently?

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the power cable directly to the wall outlet and printer.

Update the printer driver and firmware.

• Click here to download the software from HP website.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation