Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 5 (4,458 Views)

HP Officejet j4580 failed to send fax , why ?

Hello, I have HP Officejet  j4580 and its print/scan/get fax very good  . But I can't send fax from some reason   . i put the paper on the upper feeder  , choose "FAX B&W" enter the request fax number and dial  ,  There is connection, but i get message  "sending failed" , and status paper is printed  , its says  : "A connection error occurred during the fax transmission, if you are sending,  ......... NOTE   : image on fax send report is set to offAn image of page 1 will appear here for faxes that are sent as scan and fax.  " So, what can i do for simply send fax?    

Student
Message 2 of 5 (3,875 Views)

Re: HP Officejet j4580 failed to send fax , why ?

I did same same but then my father put connection in the left port on the back side and it worked.

Maybe you will too.

Good Lucks!

Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,906 Views)

Did you figure out an answer to the Error: Image on Fax Send Report is set to Off.  I have that on my new 8500?  Thanks for any ideas!

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (2,884 Views)

I have the same printer and it worked fine at first. Now I get the same messages that you are getting and I can not figure out why. Have you found out anything.

H2K Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,506 Views)

i am facing the same problem but in my case on printer screen it shows fax sending fail but its receving on the other side.

so i dont know why its giving error on printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation