Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650

I cannot make my brand-new OfficeJet scan a multipage doc from the ADF. What am I doing wrong? It scans the glass every time I try to scan a document. The ADF is functional, I only know because I can make a copy from there. HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RMA5

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand HP Officejet 4650 ADF isn't picking up on scan, although, it works fine while the copier is being used,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the condition of the paper to ensure there are curled as such?

Have you attempted to clean the ADF rollers to be safe?

Here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Check the condition of the paper and reload it

Remove the paper from the ADF and make sure that the paper is clean, doesn’t have staples or labels, is undamaged and in good condition, and then reload the paper into the ADF. The type and condition of paper can affect the way the ADF picks paper.

Step 2: Clean the ADF pick rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed issues. To help prevent paper feed issues, clean the rollers inside the ADF.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.