cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP PHOTOSMART C5280 'ERROR message' PRINT CARTRIDGES, REFER TO PRINTER DOCUMENTATION

My HP Photosmart C5280 All in one will not print.

It has a flashing orange warning sign.

It displays 'Print Cartridges Refer to printer documentation'

It was working fine yesterday and then just stopped. The cartridges have not been changed.

Can't find anything about this problem in the Basics Guide.

Have turned off printer and unplugged but warning appears again when switched back on.

Any possible solutions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 10
4,641 4,604 367 875
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP PHOTOSMART C5280 'ERROR message' PRINT CARTRIDGES, REFER TO PRINTER DOCUMENTATION

Hi Hallam123456789,

I see that you're having problems with your printer.  I would take a look at the document below.

Incompatible Cartridges

Let me know how it goes.  

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for you help. I did purchase another ink cartridge and printer is now working fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,641 4,604 367 875
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi HALLAM123456789,

Great glad it worked!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My C5280 is showing the same error message:  Refer to Printer Documentation.  I did a Hard Reset and still not working.  I tried to check Ink Level in my cartridges (they are not that old) it would not test the ink level for me.  I removed the cartridges several times over a couple of days.    This is frustrating, because I know there is plenty of ink in the 74XL black catridge and the 75XL coour one.    I am using Genuine HP Ink cartridges.  What else can I do?

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My ink cartridges also had ink in them when this error message appeared, but I replaced my black ink cartridge and problem solved. I know it'll cost another cartridge but you can always try your original again at a later date. Worked for me thankfully.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I purchase NEW cartridges (B&W and Colour) installed them and......it works.  My printer is now operating as normal.  Thanks for sharing all your tips in the blog.  Saved me from having to purchase a new printer!!!!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation