cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xtzee
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PSC 1510 scans/copies black pages

I recently bumped into some problems with a printer. The HP PSC 1510xi. The first one that's really annoying is that you can't turn off the printer or the next time it powers on it'll print a calibration page which needs to be scanned afterward. I have searched around alot and no solution to this problem has been posted anywhere.

Another problem i am having now is that when I want to scan (be it a picture or a document) the whole page appears in black. The same happens when copying. After going through some black cartridges, which i'm guessing won't be refunded, I find myself trying to chat up someone here on the forum of HP in the hope there is some kind of solution somwhere. I've read in some forums of people having the same problem, but with no solution at hand.

Can someone please enlighten me about this issue? Is there ever gonna be a solution for this printer or should i just step over to Xerox or any other brand that's not HP.

Thank you for your attention

Dion Tsai Sioe

A still happy customer 

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
LD
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you receive any help with this?  I've been dealing with this problem for months on a PCS 1410v.  Warranty is over so no help from HP.  Used to work fine.  Now copies are entirely black with one gray stripe toward middle and one sort-of striped strip on the left side.  Scanner won't even work now, but when i try to preview the scan from the Accessories/Paint/from scanner, it shows up the same way. 

So frustrating trying to find solution.  I just uninstalled/reinstalled after trying everything that might  apply on the support site, and now I think it's actually worse. 

And yes, the printing of the test page after turning off is a real waste.  I'm sitting here with a totally black page after trying to make a copy and about 8 copies of the test page after following directions to try to fix problem (although no real solution is on the site for this specific problem.

SO disappointed in HP for this one.  Used to swear by HP products.  Sure, I've had it a while, but it shouldn't just peter out.  Every so often i get the resolve to try to fix again, only to be frustrated over & over. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Just in the past month I've had to take 4 projects to outside sources because of the problems.

Thanks!

LD

0 Kudos
xtzee
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey LD,

Still no reply. I've been bumping into alot of posts about this problem, but they haven't posted any kind of solution in that order. It's like these all-in-ones break down just after their warranty period. All well calculated. If I bump into something I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
LD
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Greatly appreciate it.

My problem happened so suddenly after working just fine... wonder if one of the updates caused it.  Would hate to think there's a calculation on HP's part.  But it really is curious so many people have posted the problem and there is absolutely no direct reference to it on the support site.

Hope to hear from you soon!

best,

LD

0 Kudos
Walkamile
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I am having the same issue.  I email HP who replied to me with this:

This issue may occur due to following causes:

1.       Might be some of the files are corrupted.

2.       Full features of the software drivers are not installed.

In order to resolve the issue, I request you to please perform the steps mentioned below

1. Uninstall HP software
  2. Reinstall HP software

Please perform the below mentioned steps in order to fix the issue:

Use one of the following methods to uninstall the software.

Step1: Uninstall HP Software (From cd)

Before performing below steps please unplug the USB cable or disconnect the network connection from printer.

1. Insert the cd into the cd drive then go to my computer

2. Right click on cd drive select explore

3. Click on util then open CCC file

4. Double click on “Uninstall_L3.bat” and then press enter in command window and follow the instruction

5. Restart the computer 

I did this and still it scans the black vertical lines, black to gray.  I am waiting for a reply from them now for another solution.  My printer is printing just fine, it is definately a Scanning issue.  I am wondering if it may be light.  I have had this product since Nov. 09,  not even a year old yet.  UGH

0 Kudos
xtzee
3 2 0 1
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Posting here was my last option. I tried all those steps too. No change at all.
69vetteragtop
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same Problem!!!

I have had this printer since 2005 and it has NEVER scanned correctly and printing the test page every time you turn it on is ridiculous !  Total disaster with this device. It is nothing more than a glorified printer!

0 Kudos
Mram
6 6 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exact same problem here. My scanner was fine till last week, and I have not updated any software that I know off, and it stopped working out of the blue. I've tried everything suggested above, but no luck.

Summary:

- Printer works fine. 

- Scanning leads to an all black image

- Copying leads to an all black image.

So it appears that it's time to trash it, or use it as a printer. I am hoping someone from HP will respond here? 

0 Kudos
Scanner62
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Another problem i am having now is that when I want to scan (be it a picture or a document) the whole page appears in black. The same happens when copying. After going through some black cartridges, which i'm guessing won't be refunded, I find myself trying to chat up someone here on the forum of HP in the hope there is some kind of solution somwhere. I've read in some forums of people having the same problem, but with no solution at hand."

Mine was doing the same thing so I called HP, the tech couldn't figure out the problem either after walking me throught a bunch of steps, so finally, after doing all the "tricks", it was decided that it was a "mechanical" problem and they issued me a replacement visa type card to use at Staples to get a new one for equal or lesser value than what I paid for the first one.  I was within the year warranty on it and did have reciept.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/phone_assist.html#section1  how to call them by phone.  Good Luck  S.

So call them, and find out if its the same thing.

Pierres
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a hunch that there is a data ribbon connected to the scanner bar that does not have good strain relief or the design is poor and results in a wire getting fatigued to the point of separation.  This would account for the fact that there is no warning before black scans begin to appear.

A prior post above where the HP tech tells the customer to jump through all the hoops of unloading and reloading drivers and software shows complete and total ignorance of the nature of the problem in my opinion.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation