cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LD
3 3 0 1
Message 11 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PSC 1510 scans/copies black pages

Thanks, Pierres.  Greatly appreciate your input.  I'm still without scanner, copier.  Unemployed so can't get another at the moment.  SO frustrating, still.  Seems like you are right about a flaw in the design.  Too many people having problems for it to be normal wear and tear.  Guess we can just chalk it up to our disposable-society expectations.  But those days only existed for the haves, anyway.  Losers are as always the usual suspects - those with limited resources, who can't afford to keep replacing.  Hate to tun this into a social issue, but seems to apply here.  onward and upward...

CandyB86
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got a photosmart C4480 and have had it for about 2 years. I literally used the scanner about 2 times and then all of a sudden i went to use it and the scans came out black. Same with the alignment page, i can't align the cartridges at all.

I've tried everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's definitely a waste of money, i will never buy a HP anything again!

Regards

0 Kudos
Geza7
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem - and FOUND THE CAUSE!

In short: IF EITHER OF THE INK CARTRIDGES IS NOT FULL, it may make the test-page bad, which the printer won't accept when scanning to calibrate.

In my case:

I just replaced the black in cartridge, but my color ink was running out.

This resulted in the same phenomenon everyone is describing (always printing a test-page upon start-up, scanning it doesn't make it stop).

Later I realized that the colored part of test page was not exactly perfect - so I guess not what the printer was expecting when scanning it. 

So  I REPLACED the color cartridge, re-printed the test-page, scanned it - and THE PRINTER NO LONGER PRINTS THE TEST PAGE!

0 Kudos
cspillers
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same trouble.  It was working fine one day and the next, the scans and copies were black.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 616
Message 15 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your scans and copies are coming out all black, can you tell if the scanner light is even coming on when you copy/scan?  

Any error messages on the printer or computer?  

Which printer do you have?  

How are the ink/toner levels?  

Answer those questions for me please and I can help determine the appropriate step, if this is even fixable, that is.  Hopefully it is. 🙂

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos
RaineBlade
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VisionAiry wrote:

If your scans and copies are coming out all black, can you tell if the scanner light is even coming on when you copy/scan?  

Which printer do you have?

Answer those questions for me please and I can help determine the appropriate step, if this is even fixable, that is.  Hopefully it is. 🙂

I'm having issues with fully black scans but I have a different model. I've searched and searched and can't find any other threads mentioning the problem on my particular model. I have the Hp psc 1315v all in one. And I checked the light and it is not coming on. What can I do? Is it a total loss or can I somehow replace something and fix it?

0 Kudos
Marco_29
2 2 0 1
Message 17 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was having the same issue. this is how it began, the software was showing me warnigns that the cartridges needed alingment, so i printed the test page but the black ink was very low and the test page was printed in a bad quality but I assumed it was going to work any way. So following the instructions i put the test page on the scaner and scanned teh bad test page. After 2 or 3 scanned documents they started to come partially black (like 90% of the page) black, and then all black. What I did was to chnage the black ink cartridge and printed a gooid quality test page and made the alignment properly. The first scan was not black but the image was incomplete, but not black anymore. Made alignment test again. Closed HP software, turned off the printer, then on, then opened the HP software, scanned a document and voila! it was good again. Hope this helps somebody, maybe it does not aply for everyone but in my case it worked.

Marco_29
2 2 0 1
Message 18 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mine was 1410 model
0 Kudos
iberkowi
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got my printer when my friend died, barely used --sat in his office unplugged.  Now I know why the copier, and scanner didn't work.  Printer is great however.  Thanks for saving me the extra step of the unload/reload of drivers and know that I will get one that works when I decide to replace the old one.  Thought it was incompatible with the new computer for a while - but that's not it.  Black copies so I didn't even try to scan - and won't based on the forum.

0 Kudos
Labradorlady
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 1510 PSC had the corrupt scan/copy problem. It appears the scanner tube may be faulty. Contacted HP they sent me a later model (1512), no charge, no need to return old unit, within 3 days ! All working perfectly now ! Thank you HP !

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation