Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PSC 2355
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was given an HP PSC 2355 inkjet printer. Nice little printer! I want to use the scanner function on the printer. When I press SCAN I get a message saying 'You need to install or run HP Software for this feature'. I can't find the software anywhere! I read something about the drivers are not needed for Win 7Pro but I can't find or run the scan feature without this 'software'. Does anyone have a clue as to what to do or where to go to get the software? The HP driver page doesn't address this at all! 

Help! 

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ksstmiller,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP PSC 2355 All-in-One Printer wherein yu are unable to scan as you get a message that the software is not installed.

This issue could occur if the full feature software is not installed.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you to scan using the Windows Paint software:

1. Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Paint.

2. Click File, and then click Import From Camera or Scanner.

3. Make any desired setting changes, and then click Scan.

You may also check the link: How to Scan from the Computer (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello Again:

I did what you said in paint. It did a scan which is an improvement. I then pressed START SCAN on the printer  it still says 'you need to install or run HP Software for this feature'. I want to send this scan to the pc. Is that possible? 

K

HP Recommended

Hi @Ksstmiller,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get a message to install the software for scanning from printer to PC.

The full feature software is not available for this unit.

You may download and install the Windows built-in drivers from the link: Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Also, there is a software patch for Windows 7 which may help. You may download and install the patch on the computer from the link: HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.