cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
judyjht Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 3
Message 11 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP PSC 2355 all-in-one Printer/Scanner/Copier will not scan to PC

I have the same issue and un-installed the old one and re-installed the new download.  I picked the "basic" version and I think I should he picked the "Full" version.  I found a way around the not being able to scan issue by opening Paint and scan from there.  I only occasionally scan but I do like to have it available.  Should I un-install again and the re-insatall the full version.  Is there a way to just install the scan portion somewhere?  TIA

jollyjojo Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having exactly the same problem.  I uninstalled the software and did the full reinstall but I am getting the exact same message. 

Thanks for the tip about using paint to scan: very useful workaround!

judyjht Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 3
Message 13 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I actually uninstalled the basic version and re-installed the FULL version and it worked like a charm - I can scan and do everything I want.  Try that.

deltapinty Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 14 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hy

I have win7 64 and i had same problem, but i SOLVED 🙂 🙂

1, Install Digital Imagint software for VISTA OS

2, Install the patch "upgrade win7 from vista"  (i have an original win7, but it worked)

3, go to install directory and find BIN folder (for me: C😕Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin)

there are several exe file

4, FOR SCAN, execute hpqscnvw.exe

i hope it can solve the problem forever.

good luck

Zsolt, Hungary

Highlighted
pjmhsg Tutor
Tutor
1 1 1 2
Message 15 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks! I have Win7 and had the same problem. I just scanned using Paint - very easy

Joe-2298 Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 16 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PJMHSG:  I don't know who you are, I've never needed to be in this forum, but whoever you are, you don't know how much I appreciate the information you sent!  I went through Paint to scan pictures from my HP PSC 2355 Scanner, Printer, Copier, and it works beautifully!  Thanks for your generous help!  Have a wonderful evening!  :Wink:

MVH1 Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 17 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No, it does not.  I continue to get the message "Imaging device not detected."  I have done the diagnostic utility and the router connection utility and everything under the sun for months now and no resolution.  I have the C510a.  It scanned when I first got it and then just quit and never has again and I've loaded and reloaded the software a million times.  No good.  No help on the phone, either, after HOURS AND HOURS.  So I gave up, but I need it again.  I'm also having the same problem on my C7250 which worked fine for a long time and now nothing.  My computer will print to my printer wirelessly but when it comes to scanning, forget it.  I get this error 8,{(1,0,-2147221496)}.  I will never, ever, under any circumstances, ever buy another HP printer and that's all I've had for over twenty years.  And your help section, forget it.  It's ridiculously lame.

MV
0 Kudos
Joe-2298 Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 18 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm sorry, Friend, but it worked beautifully for me, as I said.  Do you have the Paint program in your system?  If so, open it up, and on the left side of the screen you will see suggested applications to use.  One of them is a scanner operation.  All we did was click on that, and away she went.  Our operating system is Windows XP Home Edition.  we use the HP PSC 2355 all-in-one Printer, Scanner, Copier. You mentioned various different pieces of equipment in your reply, none of which I am familiar with, so I guess this is about all the help that I am able to furnish you.  Perhaps, and hopefully so, someonee else in the system will pick up on your complaint and give you a hand.  I am mighty grateful for the help I was given.  While I was fighting with this problem, I was getting the same 'imaging device'  message you received; never could figure out what the problem was. 

0 Kudos
dexterlouise Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 19 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Great advice! I followed your directions and it worked. I am glad I'm finally able to use my scanner again! Thanks for posting the solution!

0 Kudos
dexterlouise Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 20 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry, I forgot to say that it was deltapinty whose advice I followed! Thanks, deltapinty.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation