cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-in-One compatibility issue in Windows 7

HP Recommended

My HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-in-One won't work in Windows 7.  Says there is a compatibility issue.  Can someone please help?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 4
33 33 6 21
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello JourneysLady,

I apologize to inform you that there is not compatible full feature software and drivers for the printer model which you are using as its an obsolete model but still we have few workaround which will enable the printing part on your printer.

After the printer is turned on and ready for use in standalone mode try and connect the USB cable between the printer and computer directly. The computer In OS drivers will automatically load on the computer and you will have a printer icon for HP 2400 series in devices and printesr folder and you can try and check the printing it should work and if the driver installation fails automatically then you can follow this step to load an alternate driver for printing.
Check the URL for better assistance:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879=

Workaround driver if the above steps doesn't works.

Click on start menu>> devices and printers.
Click on add a printer.
A wizard will open click on Local printer and click on Next button.
On the next window you will be asked to choose the ports.
Under drop down of existing ports change the LPT1 to USB virtual printer port and click on next button.
Select the Manufacturer as HP and printer as Deskjet 6980 and click on next to install the driver.
If asked to for sharing Say No to it.
Click on Set as Default printer and Select NO to print test page.

Also if it asks to choose the existing port or replace the port select replace the port.

Once the driver is installed you will be able to see the printer icon under devices and printers named as Deskjet 6980 with a greencheckmark. Right click on that icon and select Printer Properties and select ports tab and check if the port is set to USB 001 or USB virtual printer port and if yes then click on Genreal tab and select print test page and check if the printer prints the test page fine or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click on "KUDOS" if the issue is fixed and you want to say Thank YOU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help.  The printer is working, but the scanner and gallery isn't.  I will try the URL for better assistance as you suggested.  Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
33 33 6 21
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI JourneysLady,

I understand and would like to mention that as I said In OS drivers are a basic drivers and it have the capability to print and you will be able to scan via Microsoft Paint or from scanners and camera but would not be able to scan using any of the software as the full feature software and driver is needed for that but unfortunately the full feature software and drivers is not available for the unit you are using.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click on "KUDOS" if the issue is fixed and you want to say Thank YOU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
rwrrw
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation