cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
prunikos Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PSC 2410 with Mac OS 10.6 "Fatal Error: Opening Printer Connection Failed"

I have a USB connection between my MacBook Pro and the PSC 2410. I've run test pages and they work -- meaning the printer is connected properly. But when I try to print, I get the message: "Fatal Error: Opening Printer Connection Failed."

I've tried the troubleshooting found on this site but it's too old for MAC OS 10.6. Can anyone advise me of what to do? I've already reinstalled and that didn't work either.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
prunikos Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone have thoughts on this at all?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20467 20434 1425 4852
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are using Snow Leopard and have HP software for pre-Snow Leopard (either from a CD not marked as compatible with 10.6 or you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and had the HP software on your Mac before you upgraded - even if you did a standard uninstall of the old software or installed new software over the top of it) you must uninstall the software using the 'scrubber' option.  If necessary, install the wrong software in order to uninstall it in this way:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall <<<<<< Scrubber Option !
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Restart your Mac

Now, run a Software Update.

Finally, download and install the "Full Featured" Driver and Software from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
prunikos Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This didn't work. I've tried the Scrubber option twice. Can you be more specific about which "full featured drivers" you are referring to, and where they're located? That's the only thing I was unable to accomplish. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20467 20434 1425 4852
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, the only drivers available are built in and are not downloadable.  So, just reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation