cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP PageWide Pro 477dw

HP Recommended

Greetings lads,

What's the story with the "sign in" button on my HP PageWide Pro 477dw printer's screen (up right corner)? Anyone knows? When you click it, it wants some PIN digits. When you type it wrong, it says "contact with the person who setup the printer." But it's brand new one, and I'm the only one who was touching the printer from the very beginning.

I checked all my papers atached to the box, that my printer was delivered and still I got no clue what is going on. Internet also has no answers.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
45 45 5 9
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Skindred,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you are looking for information on the "Sign In" button.  Here's a Support Document that explains this feature (at a high-level).  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pagewide-pro-552dw-printer-series/7041550/document/c05172621/.  (i.e. the "Sign In" feature is an optional feature)

If you want to configure this feature, it can be setup via the printer's EWS (Embedded Web Server).  Open a Web Browser and inputting the printer's IP address.  From the printer's EWS go to Settings, Security, Access control.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page Add a User via the "Printer User Accounts".  Once the user is configured, the Sign-In feature can be used for that user.  Lastly, I'll reference a similar HP Forum posting since it goes into more detail by providing an outline of the necessary setup steps.  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/x576dw-control-panel-sign-in-asks-for-pin...  (Ziggy's post, third from the bottom on the first page).  

I hope you find this information to be helpful!

Regards,

Steve

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this helped to solve the Question or Problem. Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation