cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JonyDirk
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pagewide 552dw turns on by itself

HP Recommended
Pagewide 552dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP Pagewide 552dw periodically turns on by itself.

Settings:  NO bluetooth or remote.

Connections:  USB to my desktop.

Also....

I power-down by simply pushing the power button.  Upon start-up, the printer's panel says that I didn't turn off correctly.

I have the most current firmware (August 2016) and software (Nov 29 2016).

And....I did try turning-off, unplugging for 60-seconds, then plugging back in, and then turning on.

Thanks for your help.

John

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
stkabi
5 5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There's new FW for that printer.
You have described a couple issues. The main one is the unit turning on by itself. In FW there's a certain level of servicing that is required to keep the printhead healthy and operational, for that the unit has to power on to do some spitting and wiping. This is necessary in order to keep your printer operational as long as possible.

The other one with the shutdown. I have no comment but speculating that somehow the unit thinks that it wasn't shutdown properly.
0 Kudos
JonyDirk
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Firmware is all up-to-date, so I'll assume it's some kind of hiccup.

The odd-thing about it turning on by itself, is that there is no pattern - no number of days between events, etc.

The crazy thing about the printer complaining about not shutting down properly, is....well....turning off a printer isn't something that is difficult....especially for someone like me that goes back to the days of....the dot-matrix printers!

Again, thanks.

John

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation