cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KajTahapary
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP PhotoSmart 5520 won't print in black

HP Recommended

Hi,

Recently I've bought a HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I'm testing it and really love the printer! 
I was testing to print (wireless) some pages from the internet and gave my laptop (HP, too ;-)) the command to print the pages in black. But when the pages came out of the printer, they were in color?!

Please is there any topic on this forum where I can solve this problem or does somebody know how to solve it?!

Kind regards,

Kaj

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,307 26,662 2,425 8,957
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What operating system?  What program are you printing from?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
KajTahapary
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm using Google Chrome, Windows 7.
0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,307 26,662 2,425 8,957
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I duplicated this in Chrome with my Officejet 8600 printer.  It seems Chrome may not properly send information for printing in black only.  Try the following:  at the bottom of the print dialog page there is a link "Print using system dialog... (Control+Shift+P".  Click on this and then select your Photosmart 5520 and select the appropriate print options (Print in grayscale, Black ink only).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

VPPerry
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the suggestion of selecting "gray scale only" and then print in black and nothing printed.  

@Bob_Headrick wrote:

I duplicated this in Chrome with my Officejet 8600 printer.  It seems Chrome may not properly send information for printing in black only.  Try the following:  at the bottom of the print dialog page there is a link "Print using system dialog... (Control+Shift+P".  Click on this and then select your Photosmart 5520 and select the appropriate print options (Print in grayscale, Black ink only).

I tried that and once again, nothing happened.  Thanks for trying.

Do you have another suggestion?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation