cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pavlaj
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosamt C5180 doesnt scan. Error - No HP Devices are detected.HP Solution Center will close now

My name is Pavlina. I have HP Photosmart C5180 printer. I can print fine however it doesnt scan. When i click on HP Solution Center it says - No HP Devices are detected. HP Solution Center will now close. Please help asap.

I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the software 4 times but it doesnt fix the issue. I have tried to install a patch which was available on the internet that did not do anything.

Please help asap....

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 16
Level 16
32,653 26,027 2,379 8,057
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosamt C5180 doesnt scan. Error - No HP Devices are detected.HP Solution Center will close now

What operating system?  What patch did you try to install?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1 vstshung
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

May i know what Operation system you using? are you run the setup from CD?

If yes, You can try to download the latest version software from web site:

1. DO NOT uninstall the HP solution center, just simply download latest version HP solution center from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-51074-5&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...
  2. Double click on the downloaded setup file and run the installation as usual.
  3. When come to “Connect your device now” screen, put a “tick” on left bottom corner check box to skip USB detection and click “Next” to continue.
  4. Once installation completed, restart the PC.
  5. After restart, you can run the HP solution center by clicking icon on desktop.  You should see new HP solution center with new interface and no problem on run scanning functions.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
pavlaj
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

operating System is Windows Vista Home premium Sp2 - 32 bit.

Tried to run HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from  the link "http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-90927-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&...".

UIt asked me to download the p atch from HP website.

I dont have the exact link for it.

Issue is not resolved yet so I did not accept your solution ..

Any more suggestions !!

0 Kudos
lynneabbott
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have completely cleared all my computer of HP products and downloaded new software and drivers quite a few times now. only to get the same message. no hp devices detected, hp solution centre will close.

printer works fine, and hp solution centre shortcut appears each time I download but will not work,

I am running 32 bit windows vista. I have also downloaded the software to my laptop and secondary desktop that run windows xp and  hp solution centre works fine on both of them.

I have gone through all the steps that hp suggest in there problem solving pages and always get back to where they suggest to uninstall and redownload the software, I have but to no avail.

Hp solution centre used to work fine until I had to reinstall due to a hard drive failure,

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation