04-27-2011 03:27 AM
My name is Pavlina. I have HP Photosmart C5180 printer. I can print fine however it doesnt scan. When i click on HP Solution Center it says - No HP Devices are detected. HP Solution Center will now close. Please help asap.
I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the software 4 times but it doesnt fix the issue. I have tried to install a patch which was available on the internet that did not do anything.
Please help asap....
04-27-2011 03:54 AM
What operating system? What patch did you try to install?
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"
04-27-2011 03:59 AM
May i know what Operation system you using? are you run the setup from CD?
If yes, You can try to download the latest version software from web site:
- DO NOT uninstall the HP solution center, just simply download latest version HP solution center from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-51074-5&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...
- Double click on the downloaded setup file and run the installation as usual.
- When come to “Connect your device now” screen, put a “tick” on left bottom corner check box to skip USB detection and click “Next” to continue.
- Once installation completed, restart the PC.
- After restart, you can run the HP solution center by clicking icon on desktop. You should see new HP solution center with new interface and no problem on run scanning functions.
04-27-2011 04:00 AM
operating System is Windows Vista Home premium Sp2 - 32 bit.
Tried to run HP Scan Diagnostic Utility from the link "http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-90927-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&...".
UIt asked me to download the p atch from HP website.
I dont have the exact link for it.
Issue is not resolved yet so I did not accept your solution ..
Any more suggestions !!
01-10-2013 04:50 AM
I have completely cleared all my computer of HP products and downloaded new software and drivers quite a few times now. only to get the same message. no hp devices detected, hp solution centre will close.
printer works fine, and hp solution centre shortcut appears each time I download but will not work,
I am running 32 bit windows vista. I have also downloaded the software to my laptop and secondary desktop that run windows xp and hp solution centre works fine on both of them.
I have gone through all the steps that hp suggest in there problem solving pages and always get back to where they suggest to uninstall and redownload the software, I have but to no avail.
Hp solution centre used to work fine until I had to reinstall due to a hard drive failure,
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.