Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (453 Views)

HP Photosmart 309a - the fix for not printing black, resulted in wireless radio not functioning.

My HP Photosmart 309a printer was not printing black, trying various ideas from this forum, I used the #6 reset (after replacing cartridges etc etc). This was successful and the black printed out on a test page, but then I couldn't reconnect wirelessly to the PC.

The Wireless Network Test Report says the Wireless is on, but that the Wireless radio is not functioning. (It seems that the #6 did something to the Wireless on the printer.)

The #6 reset turned the wireless radio off. After I turned it on again its search still did not find any wireless routers.

I have tried various printer resets, #3, #6 to no avail. Would appreciate any further ideas.

This is my second HP printer. I got rid of my last one recently, when I couldn't get it to print black, even though it was stilll quite new. This one is certainly not a year old, but because we are selling our house and have put almost everything in storage I don't have access to the receipts, so cannot get the printer replaced.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation