cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HP Photosmart 3210 - ink cartridge/s being ignored

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 3210

When I perform a 'Self Test Diagnostic Page', the Light Cyan and Cyan columns are blank - black, yellow, light magenta and magenta all appear OK.

When I perform an 'Align Print' it prints out a sheet, but errors: "Alignment failed. Refer to device documentation for details." The printed sheet does however show five colours - only one of the cyans is missing.

When I produce an HP Photosmart Self Test Diagnostic Page, all six colour boxes are filled, although the Cyan box appears a pale pink/violet. Also on the same sheet, the 'Ink Delivery System Information' shows the ink levels for all cartridges, and also shows that none expire until 2013/2014.

I have also performed a 'clean printhead'.

The printer can obviously 'see' all the cartridges, but appears not to be using them all, resulting in prints with a distinct red hue.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Terry 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having rooted around on the Internet for hours, this looks like a known HP fault, to do with installing and uninstalling HP products.

It seems there are a few DLLs missing: slbcsp, sccbase, gpkcsp, plus something called Enum.

I have tried a Microsoft FIXIT, which has not worked so I am left with messing about in the registry.

I am especially disappointed that HP have not come up with a solution for this (or even acknowledged it?), and also amazed at the number of bad reviews HP get on their various All-in-One printers.

Looks like the end of my long relationship exclusively with HP products (PC, monitor, handheld, printer, all-in-one) both here and in Spain. I will also cease requesting HP as a preferred machine at work.

Despite years of loyalty, you're own your own when it comes to HP support. I guess I shall pass this all on the the UK MD in due course.

All very, very dispappointing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have exactly same problem.

Looks like I will be going out to buy an Epsom or Canon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same experience here unfortunately but with som additional information.

HP Photosmart 3210.

The printer suddenly showed the message ink system failure 0xc18a0206.

Replacing all the cartridges with new ones and resetting the printer made the error message disappear and it was possible to print again.

But after that Magenta and light Magenta colors are not printing.

I have done the following tests directly from the printer display (no pc connected in order to rule out the possibility of the problem beeing caused by the pc)

1. Print random document/photo. Result Magenta and light Magenta are missing. All other colors are ok.

2. Print test report. Result: Magenta and light Magenta are missing. All other colors are ok.

3. Align printer. Result: Only Magenta is missing. All other colors are printed including light Magenta.

4. Print extended self test diagnostics (pressing cancel+OK on the printer). Result: All colors are printed including both Magenta and light Magenta.

The result on test 4 seems to suggest that all cartridges are functional but for some reason two of them are ignored during all types of printouts except the extended self test diagnostics.

Cleaning the printer head does not appear to have any effect on this problem (tried it many times)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Gave up.

Now the owner of an Epson WF 3520.

Good machine - inexpensive to buy and run.

Easy to operate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finaly!!!

After many hours of tinkering I got it working again. Not sure exactly which of the things I did that actually solved the problem though.

Appearantly there is a secret menu accessible from the printer display. Pressing left and right arrow simultaneously on the printer panel will open this menu. Enter the code 123 to gain access.

In this menu there are additional self diagnostics tests that can be performed. I messed around with these menues for a while. Scrolling through everything and running every test I could find.

Also I messed around a little with the cables transporting ink from the cartridges to the printer head. (Bending them and flexing them a little).

Then finally when I was ready to give up I printed one last test page and was astounded to see some tiny traces of Magenta and light Magenta. (Before the squares on the test page was completely void of these colors).

Had to run the print head cleaning sequence 3 more times after that with more and more color appearing with every cleaning before it was working. I'm starting to think this might have been some kind of clogging issue after all though some tests I performed earlier suggested otherwise.

I'm very happy to say that the printer now performs flawlessly once again!

Sorry for not beeing able to tell exactly what I did to fix it, but maybe someone else will get lucky trying some of the things mentioned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well this gives me some hope. I'll keep trying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've pressed the left and right arrow keys and entered the code 123 but what I get is a message:on the screen: uiax on the title bar and the message Support R0046 - anybody any ideas what I do next? I would like to get this going again as a second printer - I have a 5520 for my main printer now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have printed both pages from an "Extended Self Test Diagnostic" test and it shows everything is OK, including Light Cyan.

Using HP Print and Scan Doctor it reports everything is OK.

When I print a test page the colours are wrong.

From the number of reports around, this must be a known fault and I'm finally looking forward to a definitive answer to get this problem solved. 

The diagnostic terst above shows all OK so I know I just need the answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before I decide where to go from here is there a response to this message?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation