cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,539
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TerryLev 

From your posts, it seems the issue is related to the ink system or ink cartridge(s), but you also mentioned the registry and missing DLLs. Let's first address the hardware issue. I appreciate the troubleshooting you have done thus far, and would be happy to help you from here.

Please complete the steps in the following document, particularly, the cartridge calibration; Printed Colors Are Not the Colors Expected.

If the issue remains unresolved after following all of the steps in the link above, I recommend contacting HP.

Don't hesitate to call, although the printer may be out of warranty, the cartridges could be in warranty; therefore, there wouldn't likely be a fee for the phone support. HP will, at HP's option, either replace products under warranty that prove to be defective or refund the purchase price.

They could even determine after troubleshooting that it is a problem with the printer, in which case they may offer you a discount on a newer model.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

To find the “Warranty Ends” date, look in the following table for the date's location on each product. The date follows the YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY/MM format, where YYYY indicates the year, MM indicates the month, and DD indicates the day.

If the document above helps you to resolve the issue, we can begin looking at the missing DLLs and registry issues you may be having.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is NO problem with the printer or the cartridges as, as reported above, I have printed both pages from an "Extended Self Test Diagnostic" test and it shows that everything is OK, including Light Cyan.

Using HP Print and Scan Doctor it reports everything is OK.

It's only when I try and print that there is a problem - and when I print a test page the colours are wrong.

The first diagnostic test above shows all is OK so I know I just need the answer as to what is stopping the printer working properly under normal conditions.

I have also tried my new HP laptop with the printer and I get exactly the same problem.

Regards,

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,539
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's only when I try and print that there is a problem - and when I print a test page the colours are wrong.

The first diagnostic test above shows all is OK so I know I just need the answer as to what is stopping the printer working properly under normal conditions.

I have also tried my new HP laptop with the printer and I get exactly the same problem.

I understand that the diagnostic page shows everything is good, and the Print and Scan Doctor says everything is OK, but since the colors are off when you print from a second computer (that makes 2 computers) and when you print the test page, I feel the issue is related to the ink system or ink cartridge.

I stand by my original suggestion to use the troubleshooting document I provided.

To truly test the printer hardware, can you try to copy something too?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation