Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (1,305 Views)

HP Photosmart 3210xi - Ink Cartridge Error Message

After replacing HP02 black ink cartridge the display status indicates cartridge depleted.  Unistall/reinstall does not change error message.  All six colors are printing for the self test diagnostic page; I have initiated every utility/diagnostic for the printer with no additional help.  How do I get the printer to recognize that a full cartridge has been installed?

Windows XP OS

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 7 (1,291 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 3210xi - Ink Cartridge Error Message

[ Edited ]

hi there joewho,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, is this a refilled cartridge?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (1,287 Views)

Not a refilled cartridge: I purchase and use only genuine OEM cartridge replacements.

Any thoughts?  Perhaps I need to uninstall/reinstall the printer/drivers??

Professor
Message 4 of 7 (1,261 Views)

Couple of things may help.

First, try a hard power reset. While the printer is on, remove power cord from the back of the printer. wait at least 30 seconds, then connect the power cord back into the printer. Turn the printer back on. Then turn the printer off and on with the button.

If that did not work, then remove the new cartridges while the printer is on. Remove the power cord again like above. 30 seconds connect power and turn the unit on. Then reinsert 1 cartridge, power the unit off and on with the button. If that works do it for all the new cartridges. 

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (1,213 Views)

Hello 007ohmss

I have just used your advice posted to someone else on 04-05-12 in the hope that it would resolve the error message "The following cartridge(s) appear to be missing or damaged.... Black"  on my C310a.

The other 4 reinstalled OK (they were OK first time) but the error message for the 364XL HP original cartridge is still there. It is a new cartridge supplied by post this morning, and it looks OK and undamaged.

Help, please. I am my wits end.

vannick

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (1,149 Views)

Hello 007OHMSS,

Both proposed solutions did not resolve this issue; to your knowledge has uninstalling/reinstalling printer/drivers ever resolved this error?

Distinguished Professor
Message 7 of 7 (1,140 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there joewho,

Uninstalling and reinstalling is certainly a last ditch option before going the servicing route but this article deals with ink cartridge errors and may help resolve you issue directly. Give the steps a shot and let us know if it helps.  

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation