Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 12 (19,725 Views)

HP Photosmart 3310, Printer Error 0xc18a0001

Can anyone help. We have a HP Photosmart 3310 Printer which is giving the above error message, so it won't print or do anything. We've followed the instructions online; taking out the USB cable, removing the cartridges, turning the unit off, then turning back on again etc etc, but we dont get the prompt to replace the cartridges (the error message remains the same). Does anyone have any other suggestions, or has this machine reached its end?

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 12 (19,651 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 3310, Printer Error 0xc18a0001

you discribed my problem exactly the same. Have you found the answer. I went vis hp help several options, nothing worked. They gave up and told me to take for service. 
Honor Student
Message 3 of 12 (19,503 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just ran into this problem with my Photosmart 3310 two days ago.  After a lot of research, I ran into a post where a person said the most probable cause for this problem was the ink pump gear had fallen off.

I decided to open my Photosmart 3310 and yes that gear was sitting at the bottom of the printer at an angle. I took the printer apart, got to the ink pump gear and put there it was off to the side.  After about 15 screws and 8 pices my printer was back together.

I turned it on and still got the same error. I had to reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turned the 3310 off. I kept holding the buttons down until the printer turned off and then I turned it back on. When it came on it did its little "device maintenance occurring" thing for about 2 minutes and then I was able to print again just like old times.

On the printer, you will have to remove the sides,  and the scanner. You will have to disconnect the motherboard so that you can remove the scanner from the printer.  Carefull not to damage any of the connections. You will also have to remove the cover for the printhead to do the repair. The gear for that ink pump is on the left side where the power supply is.

Here's an image to give you an idea where that white gear is:

Honor Student
Message 4 of 12 (15,650 Views)

I put new ink in my hp Photosmart printer C5180 All in one  Ist said new ink was empty then said unable to print  Won't even print in black. Please help

Intern
Message 5 of 12 (15,642 Views)

Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product. 2. Remove the cartridges from the product. 3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel. 4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product. 5. Wait 60 seconds. 6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ). 7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product. 8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so. 9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
tecnical support for hp printing
Student
Message 6 of 12 (14,201 Views)

I am having same problem. The followed the instruction provided above and still doesn't work. Please advise

Student
Message 7 of 12 (8,685 Views)

Salve, ho acceso dopo parecchio la mia stampante hp 3110 all in one ed ho sostituito le cartucce scariche con delle nuove. Appena ho provato a dare la stampa mi ha segnalato sullo schermo della stampante l'errore 0xc18a0001. Ho provato a seguire la procedura da voi consigliata (staccare usb/togliere cartucce/togliere alimentazione per 60 sec/ecc..) ma purtroppo non è cambiato nulla.

Cosa è successo alla mia stampante? E cosa posso fare per rimediare? Fino ad ora è andata così bene!! Per favore, aiutatemi!!! 

Student
Message 8 of 12 (7,782 Views)

I have read your comments with interest as I have just changed two of my cartriges with Genuine HP (all  cartridges are HP) and I am getting the Printer error 0xc05d0281 My printer is Photosmart 3310 and unfortunately is out of warrant. Is taking the printer apart a complicated thing to do, or is it just a case of removing the screws at the bottom of the printer? I am female but I do understand most things and I can remove screws with out damage. 

Intern
Message 9 of 12 (7,708 Views)

Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the 3310 off. Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on. You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate. Make sure you have new cartiges in the printer so that it can reset. Good Luck!

tecnical support for hp printing
Student
Message 10 of 12 (5,636 Views)

you are my hero!  I tried taking out the cartriges as you mentioned, pulled the plug, put them back in and plugged it back in--it worked!  I wasn't looking forward to trying to take this thing apart; I would even have given up had I not read your comments because the machine IS old.  Thanks.  thanks. thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation