Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (810 Views)

HP Photosmart 4780 Wont start up right

I have an HP Photosmart 4780 and the first time I started it up it worked great but now that I am trying to configure it to a wireless network, every time I turn the printer on the loading screen, with the HP logo and the loading bar, is all I ever see. The menu on the printer will not show up. THe printer is not connected to my computer via USB because I would like to  use it wirelessly. Can anyone tell me how to get the menu to show up on my printer so I can get it to work? Thanks

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 4 (787 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 4780 Wont start up right

StevoSupremo89 wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart 4780 and the first time I started it up it worked great but now that I am trying to configure it to a wireless network, every time I turn the printer on the loading screen, with the HP logo and the loading bar, is all I ever see. The menu on the printer will not show up. THe printer is not connected to my computer via USB because I would like to  use it wirelessly. Can anyone tell me how to get the menu to show up on my printer so I can get it to work? Thanks

Good luck I have the same issue with the printer HP replaced due to the first printer had the same problem you are addressing.  Now I have two printers that do the same thing.

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 4 (752 Views)

Hi Guys,

I tried changing the SSID (either shortening/lengthening by 1 character) and it seems to have fixed my problem. I’ve also tried to tweak the other settings but it didn’t seem to help.

I did this by changing the SSID on the Wireless Router / Access Point.

This is what I’ve done:

• Shut down the printer (Photosmart C4700)
  • Change the SSID on the Wireless Router/Access Point and save the settings
  • Subsequently changed the SSID on my Laptop that is wirelessly connected to their Photosmart C4700 device.
  • Power up the printer – yay it works!
  • Run USB Setup Of Wireless to include the SSID and then connect to the AP

• Take heed that improperly changing the settings may interrupt wireless communication if done improperly; and be sure to change the SSID on all of your  Laptops, Desktop and any other wireless devices on their network.
Miles
HP Employee
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (682 Views)

I went through 2 of these 4780 printers before HP gave me a $140 online gift card to go back and purchase any printer I wanted.  I went with the B209a and am quite happy now.  HP admitted the C4780 has software issues and they're working on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation