Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Not mine I'm afraid.

Still need help.

I tried to take the top cover off, to get access to the cartridge run, but couldn't see how to detach it from the front panel.

I just want to see what’s stopping it getting into the Parking area.

------------------------------------------------
Pavilion DV9500 + 4Gb ram + Win-7 ult 32bit.
BROKE AGAIN - NO MORE H.P FOR ME

Photosmart 5520
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm having the  a similar issue as you. I was about to try and change the ink but did it while the printer was off instead of on and I think I got something out of whack. It gives me a cartridge error. There is definitely no jammed paper. I've tried pushing right and left and I don't want to break it. How did you end up solving your issue?

HP Recommended

In desperation - knowing the **bleep** thing was bu@@ered - & knowing that the lack of help from H.P (i'll never buy HP again. Had several problems with different things & they just don't want to know) I really forced the carriage to the right. Far too hard for normal fixing (?!#)

Lo & behold, it dropped into its docking area - though to be truthful, I thought I'd ruined it further, so I anxiously powered it up, & heard it going through its routine. I lifted the lid expecting to see the carriage stuck on the rail, but no - it was back in its docking area.

So far, it's still running normally.

I'm guessing there are thousands of these machines in skips & dumpsters all over the world,,,,,, which might have benefitted from a little more 'umphhhh' - not usually recommended !

I do have other problems with this though:

1/   when not used for just a couple of minutes, it goes to sleep, then I can't wake it up ! I have to un-plug it & restart, then it's o.k. but annoying that it goes to sleep so soon. Can we adjust this ?

2/  Sometimes I get the error messages saying (para) "can't connect to printer", but in another mode, it may be o.k.

I may be printing, then want to scan. Its connected ok, cos I've been printing,,,, but when I go to scan, I get the message - or vice versa.  I use this wirelessly.

any ideas folks ?

cheers

Photosmart 5520
HP Recommended

Spot on - was a bit worried, could do without paying more cash for a replacement printer but gave it some real "umphhhh" carriage dropped down , turned it on again, heard it go through the motoins, opened the lid and carriage had gone back in it's parking area.

So much more helpful than those stupis HP videos saying slide the carriage to the left - if I can slide the carriage to the left then it's NOT jammed

Thank You

HP Recommended

First of all 'one or more CARTRIDGES appear to be missing or damaged-replace the affected cartridges'

Then carriadge will not move to left

Then note warning of improper shutdown

HP Recommended

My issue was print cartridge stuck at right. Would not move at all.  I took off 6 Torx T-10 size screws from top, then had to carefully pop off the smart-phone-looking panel at the front to access 2 more Torx screws, then had to remove the HP sticker at the front right to access the final Torx screw.  The print cartridge itself has a plastic tab on the front right that was somehow above another tab on the printer body, and it was instead supposed to be below.  Once I wiggled the cartridge enough to get this cartridge tab below the other tab, the cartridge was able to move an inch or so back and forth, although still stuck at the right end of the carriage.  I put everything back together and powered it on, and after it smacked me on the wrists for supposedly doing an improper shut-down, it seems to be working normally.  I think I could have accomplished this without removing all the screws and the top cover, but I wouldn't have been able to see the tab in the wrong place.  If it happens again, I'll just reach in and try to manuever the cartridge down and to the right at the front.  Thanks to all other posters that accomplished something similar.  Just wanted to share 'what worked for me'.  Sorry to say, but no thanks to HP support...

HP Recommended

Sorry - should have been saying 'carriage' not 'cartridge'

HP Recommended

Hi Brynmor

I've got the same problem.

But trying to unscrew 6 screws no the top I've managed only 3, the other 3 are under the scanner block.

How did you manage to remove it and unscrew them?

HP Recommended

My problem wasn't that the carriage woldn't move,,,, it would,,,, but it wouldn't drop into the parking area.

After a few weeks of trying a dozen things - in desperation, I just bashed it into place, expecting it to smash something or other, but it didn't, and all is now well.

I'm not saying that people should bash things, but this time I had given up on it, & it really was a last resort - it was about to go in the bin anyway.

good luck to others

Photosmart 5520
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.