cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ringa
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart 7250 Fatal Error installing

HP Recommended

Fatal Error Message and MSI.dot4wrp64. Was directed to download Installer 4.5 for Windows Vista 64 bit with SP-1. Did and computer said that download could not be installed in this laptop (HP Pavilion dv9700). Same problem with HP 5400's but can install drive for HP 2410. Can't find out what Windows installer I have in the computer now. I have to believe it is 4.0 or greater with the windows update system working well.

I am the owner and administrator and have worked with HP help by phone over 10 hrs.  Worked with both laptop expert and printer expert - no luck.  Used CD with printer and went on line and downloaded specific drive for 7200 printer - same results as above.  When trying to install "installer 4.5" I right clicked after highlighting download to install as administrator but that option didn't exist.

I've spent a lot of hours with a lot of computer experts with no joy!  Who ever solves this will be a hero!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Rixander
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

download installer

is that a software to manage your download 

if so 

i do not use them 

i do the manual download and place in the 

hard drive where i can find them and go from there 

and i install from the folder that i have made 

or go to the printer or control panel 

and i go from there 

and for your printer ph 7250 

http://search.hp.com/query.html?cc=us&lang=en&search=++&qt=PSC+1600&la=en

make sure what is your OS and the b 

example vista 32b or vista 64b 

the 64b you will see at the system properties

will not mentioned the 32b if the no b on it 

it is a 32b according to the microsoft information 

about what type of window you have 

when you right click on your computer

from the start menu to the computer 

and  u will system properties

it will tell you about you computer  

and it sevice pack and version 

and also the type of processor and specs

good luck 

Message Edited by rickp400 on 12-25-2008 08:59 PM
Message Edited by rickp400 on 12-25-2008 09:18 PM
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
0 Kudos
Julius_Arcipe
Level 3
30 30 3 4
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ringa,

I agree with what you said with this "Fatal Error Message and MSI.dot4wrp64".

THIS IS NOT FIXABLE, what I did with this I simply use the Add a printer wizard and it creates a printer that would print.

Cordially,

JULIUS ARCIPE

ringa
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JULIUS ARCIPE you are my hero - it worked!

0 Kudos
Cecilia
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a new printer. I have been in touch with HPs via online chat and on the telephone. Neither was able to understand my question:  How do I print on both sides of a page? I sent an email to technical support and received a notice that a two sided print module (requested by my printer!) does not come with this printer. He gave me several ways to, hopefully, get two sided printing. Neither works. Am I the person with a C6380 who needs to do two-sided printing? I am so ready to throw away this new printer and go back to my trust Lexmark that never failed. Can anybody help? Thank you.

c

0 Kudos
cleoeyer
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't find a printer wizard in windows 7.   my 7250 worked great with Vista.   :0(

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation