cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
susanman
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Photosmart 7510 prints everything in colour despite instructions to print black and white.

HP Recommended

My fairly new HP Photosmart 7510 prints everything in color, even after I specify black and white in the print instructions. So I have to keep buying expensive color cartridges for no reason. I use windows vista. Unlike other complainants, my printer does print black, but never without other colors, if the original uses color.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jason-123
Level 4
Level 4
58 58 6 8
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The global settings for printer take precedence over the application settings. 

Hence please try the following. I am assuming that you  have windows 7 as OS. 

1. Click on Start and then click on Devices and Printers.

2. Right click on the PS 7510 printer and go to printing preference 

3. In here click on the Advanced options

4. Under print in greyscale--> choose black ink only.

5. Confirm the settings by clicking on OK.

Next open the application from where you are trying to print. Before you click on the print button, click the printing preference and double check if the print in greyscale is selected. If yes, go ahead and try printing, if the setting are not the same, change it and then print.The issue should be taken care of.

Greyscale.jpg

0 Kudos
susanman
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK thank you that worked

0 Kudos
Sid_Borg-1
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How would you do it on a Mac?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation