My fairly new HP Photosmart 7510 prints everything in color, even after I specify black and white in the print instructions. So I have to keep buying expensive color cartridges for no reason. I use windows vista. Unlike other complainants, my printer does print black, but never without other colors, if the original uses color.
The global settings for printer take precedence over the application settings.
Hence please try the following. I am assuming that you have windows 7 as OS.
1. Click on Start and then click on Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on the PS 7510 printer and go to printing preference
3. In here click on the Advanced options
4. Under print in greyscale--> choose black ink only.
5. Confirm the settings by clicking on OK.
Next open the application from where you are trying to print. Before you click on the print button, click the printing preference and double check if the print in greyscale is selected. If yes, go ahead and try printing, if the setting are not the same, change it and then print.The issue should be taken care of.