cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Forsam
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7515 can't connect to network because I need to enter a username and password

I would like to ba able to print wirelessly from my new HP Photosmart 7515, but I am not able to connect to my network from neither the printer nor the software on Mac OS 10.7. To connect to my network, I have to enter a username as well as a password in separate fields; however, the printer and software only give me the option to enter a password for the network. I trIed to enter just the username, just the password, and both username and password in the password field, but none of those combinations worked. Is there a setting that will allow me to enter a username for my network?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,867
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7515 can't connect to network because I need to enter a username and password

Consumer printers cannot log onto networks that require authentication (Enterprise encryption).  Is this your network?  Can you access the router settings?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Apastimage
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think what you are referring to as a username is actually the network name . You can change the network name from the default network name supplied by your router but if you haven't it will show up on the printers screen wen you follow the prompts in the wireless wizard usually withe the routers manufacturers name. When the printer displays the box to type in the password all you need is a password you have created to protect your network but if you have not yet created your own PW then it should show as open unsecured and not require a PW.you simply use the routers default PW which is usually printed on the bottom of the router or the box it came in IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO SET UP A PASSWORD FOR YOUR NETWORK WHICH IS AN IMPORTANT SECURITY STEP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation