cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart 7520 Problem Installing Black Ink Cartridge (left side black)

HP Recommended

I have replaced ink cartridges in the HP 7520 Photosmart before and had no problem. It is real easy.

Now, I had to replace the black cartridge on the left side of the ink cartridges. The old one came out fine, but I cannot get the new cartridge to go in! I don't know what I am doing wrong. I pulled of the plastic wrap, and twisted off the orange lever.

I cannot get the back of the cartridge to slide in between the side of the carrier and the color cartridge next to it. It does not want to go in. I am not even getting it in far enough to start pushing the front down. I have tried removing the color cartridge, but it doesn't help. I have compared old and new cartridges side by side. They look the same. Except, the old says 564 - installation, and the new one is 564-XL. I do think it is the first change since we  bought the printer.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

Phil Brown

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
318 318 28 89
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart 7520 all-in-one uses five ink cartridges. Photo, Magenta, Cyan, Yellow and Black. The cartridge on the left side is a Photo Cartridge. This cartridge is not the same as Black cartridge.

Please make sure that you are trying to install Photo cartridge in the left hand side slot. The Photo Ink cartridge will have a 'Bow Tie' icon and Black cartridge will have a 'Pentagon' icon on it. See the document below to learn more on difference between Black and Photo cartridge:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01839024

Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs up icon in the post
Please mark reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solved the problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I must put my dunce cap on and admit I was trying to put the wrong black cartridge in the slot.

I hope the engineers at HP will accept my apologies for all the things I thought about them. Apparently they do know how to tolerance parts.

Thank  you for the help.

Phil

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation