Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Gary (and all technical people) - I did the DNS input and it still wont enable web service for me. Just set this up (bought) yesterday. Just get server connection error when trying to get web service. No proxy's being used according to my browsers. Running through my router for home use. Did uninstall, back to factory settings, IP has stayed the same, power off power on. Pretty much everything that has been suggested that I have read.

Please help, thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Jimmyshoemaker,

Please check your forum inbox.  

HP Recommended

Thank you but that did not work. The printer is set up wireless to my pc and that works fine. I still have no web service. I didn't do a complete uninstall of the program off my pc , just what you said. I get to the point where it says "checking for product updates, then.......  My error message reads:

Unable to connect to web service. Confirm internet access and try again or enter a proxy address.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem after trying the steps to resolve. Please post the real solution so we can fix this problem without having to post. 

HP Recommended

I am unable to connect to web services even though it is connected to the internet. Ive tried everything. I need help ASAP. i Have to scan something to my email

HP Recommended
Scan it to a usb drive if you need it now.
HP Recommended

i have not solved the problem

HP Recommended

i know i can scan it to a usb but i still need the issue fixed

HP Recommended

Take this to email. {Private Information Removed}.

HP Recommended

My point was that it's probably after hours for HP to be answering you.  If your point is that you need to send something right now, scan it to usb, move the usb to your pc, then e-mail it as an attachment from your pc.  This removes the immediacy from your problem, and allows HP time to get back to you.

I just got a nastygram from HP for suggesting in a previous post that you and I go offline to my y a h o o address.  Their solution, by the way, is to do an "almost full reset" of the printer.  It's what they had me do, and when they send you their special instructions they tell you how to do it.  They specifically asked me to not post those instructions, but they said nothing about not telling someone offline.  I realize why they ask, because it's a rather extreme response to the problem, but it seems to work.

Search for "HP 7520 loses wi-fi connection" on the forum.  Click on the first item listed, which should have exactly those words in the title.  Go to the 5th page, about the 5th post on the page, there are some interesting instructions there.  They have to do with disabling sleep mode, but you will be in the right neighborhood.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.