Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520 e-all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help me.. I am getting really sick of this.  I  have an HP Pavilion i7 laptop, an HP Photosmart 7520 e-all in one, and an HP 6500 all in one printer.. I print alot what can I say.. Anyways, I somehow am on this version of Windows; Windows 10 Insider Preview 16184.1001; I get to see new products and test them out, get updates, ect. Since this insider started on my laptop, I can not print unless I fight with my 7520 til it decides to print. 

When I try to print it gives me the error offline message, and unable to conect to scan to computer.  My blue light is on for my printer and it shows up in my conections. I can disconect from my wifi and connect to the 7520 and sometimes that works but not most.  I have uninstalled it's drivers and programs so many times I am supprised HP has not told me to stop it.. When I uninstall it, I turn off the printer and then unplug it from power, leave it that way for about 4 minutes, all while I am finishing the uninstall and rebooting my laptop.  Nothing seems to be working, and there is no way at all for me to direct wire with my printer, would take over 100 ft of cord.. I have disconected it from the wifi and then reconnected and still nothing.. This has been the best printer ever, but right now its got me ready to scream... I would use my 6500 but it is out of ink, plus the quality of printing is no where near what the 7520 is..  

I really hope someone can give me some guidence as to why it is doing this and if it is the Windows Insider tell me how to get rid of it so my stuff will go back to working correctly.  This has been going on for about 2 months.....

Spoiler

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ShinyCMM,

I am moving your thread to the printer section of the forum for better exposure.

You say the 7520 is having issues with the Windows Insider Preview but the 6700 is working ok (except for running out of ink), correct?

You mentioned...

"I turn off the printer and then unplug it from power, leave it that way for about 4 minutes"

Actually, to do a power reset, its better to unplug the power cord while the printer is fully powered on, then leave it unplugged for a few minutes. Turn the computer back on, then then printer.

Besides reinstalling the drivers, have you tried all the steps mentioned in the link below?

Give it a try and let me know if it worked. Including running the HP print and scan doctor and also checking the printers queue to see if its set to offline.

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 series off line 

Also, did this occur right when you started using the Insider Preview?

HP Recommended
I just finally gave up.. I am not sure of my 6500 would have printed, I do know it magicly disappeared off my laptop too. Still had the icons and they was both in the device manager. I just say I am done messing with this, pulled out my 2tb external and moved everything over, processed into crash mode... I have not had a chance to even set down at it since it rebooted.. I will let you know though how it goes..
HP Recommended

No worries, I understand.

If there is something else we can help with, ask away.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.