cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 8050 what does error code 06217C2B

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I tried to print I got only one page, but the paper didn't feed all the way out.  No jam.  It just stopped.  Then the printer screen showed some diaoginal hash marks and below that was 06217C2B.  A green light is flashing between the ports, lower left front.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the printer on, will it read from a memory card inserted into the correct card slot? The reason I ask is that if the green light blinks in that area it is usually trying to read from a card, or possibly an error with a card slot. When you were printing was it from a memory card?

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but no, I was printing from my Acer laptop which runs Vista Basic not a memory card. 

Do you think that reinstalling the printer driver will help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstalling, making sure security (anti-virus/malware/firewall) software is off/deactivated, and reinstalling the printer can definitely make a difference. If it was not a clean install to start with, it will make all the difference in the world.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to uninstall now, but I was not aware of the need to deactivate the firewall.  I hope I have not caused an damage.  I'll deactivate it before I complete the entire process.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@007OHMSS wrote:

Uninstalling, making sure security (anti-virus/malware/firewall) software is off/deactivated, and reinstalling the printer can definitely make a difference. If it was not a clean install to start with, it will make all the difference in the world.

Well, this is a really stupid advice and it's shame that this is the best, that the support can give...

Photosmart 8050 is a photoprinter, it can print directly from pictbridge and memory cards so a PC and a driver dont require it to work at all...

This printer has an own firmware to do this and normally it says what problem is occured (e.g. out of paper, ink...), if it can't that must be a serious hardware problem.

I found out this message is caused (in my case) by the black (339) cartride. If it is in the printer I give this error code right after switching on, and it freezes. Without black cartridge, only with colour it can print! So this is a hardware related problem, not a software related!

Antivirus/firewall... I never heard such an idiot advice to switch it off... Any modern security software can realizie a setup is running, and if not it ask that and installing process can be done. Security software must never be switched off. Anything can be infected by chance even a driver and the system is vulnerable without them while installing process take. And in the case of HP software it takes I while... I installed it a few times, I know...

Gergő Pintér

Computer Engineer

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advise! I kept getting this error message and the pronter would stop working. As soon as I removed the black ink cartridge I was able to print!! I'm so glad you posted 😃

Much apprecated :generic:

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation