Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 8150
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with my  HP Photosmart 8150 Photo Printer. A quick back story:

I have 2 computers, both were running WIndows 7. The first computer was wired to the printer, while the second computer was connected to the network. Both were working great.  

I then upgraded the wired computer to Windows 10 and it still works fine. However now the wireless computer which has Windows 7 still is no longer printing. There must be some kind of connection between this and when I upgraded the other computer to Win 10 but I'm not sure what that connection is and what I can do to fix it. 

I've tried removing the device and then adding it again, but when I try to find the printer on the network it says I need to get the driver from the wired PC and when I hit Install Driver it says "Windows Cannot Connect To This Printer".

Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I tried that and It says it fixes a couple of things, but apperently not everything because I'm still having the same issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I don't believe there was any ever software on that computer, does that make a difference? We just downloaded a driver originally to make it work.

Also when I type in the model number on that page, its not found. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Follow these steps (Blue Dot) to get the IN-OS drivers for your printer.

1. Go to Devices and Printers > Add a printer 

Add a printer 1.jpg

1. Select "Add a local printer"

Add a printer 2.jpg

1. Use an existing port

Add a printer 3.jpg

1.  Click on "Windows Update"  (may take a while to update) and then "HP"

Add a printer 4.jpg

1.  Scroll until you find your printer model.

Add a printer 5a Photosmar 8200 series.jpg

HP Photosmart 8100 Series is just above the one highlighted. We'd recommend that you choose the HP drivers.

1. Click "Next" and walk through the rest of the steps to install your printer.

Do let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Just tried those steps and when I get to the end and it says to print a test page. It says "Error - Printing" in the queue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.