cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Photosmart 8750 drivers and OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, cannot "install" printer.

HP Recommended

Although the HP support website tells me that a new driver for my printer for Apple's Mountain Lion is available from Apple Update it is not. I recently upgraded from Lion and the printer stopped working, it was fine before the update.

I went to Apple software update and no HP driver update was offered.

In order to get the latest HP software I, therefore, deleted the printer from OSX System preferences "Print and Fax". This has often solved HP printer issues in the past.

Unfortunately, not this time, because now I cannot reinstall the printyer in that dialogue.

When I select the 8750 printer via Bonjour, the process tells me it is looking for software but this fails.

"Can't install the software for the HP Photosmart 8700 because it's currently not available from the Apple Update server".

So, now I can't use the printer.

I could not see any email or contact details for HP support so I hope this reaches the support team?

thanks for helping, I hope someone will contact me directly?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
30,306 30,022 5,184 12,005
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a peer-to-peer community and not a direct contact with HP support.

If you prefer to contact by phone you may locate the number by selecting your region and following Technical support after you buy:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

For your question, try the following steps and check if that may help:

1. Restart your Mac, try adding the printer again and check for any change.
  2. If there is no change try resetting the printing system and check if that may help:
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01371980
  3. If the problem still persists go to Library > Printers and move the HP folder to the Trash.
  4. Next, enter PPDs > Resources > Contents > Resources. Search for Photosmart 8700 and remove teh driver files.
  5. Try adding the printer again and check for any change.
  6. If the same persist try installing the following package, then try adding the printer again:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks

I installed the software download from Apple that you listed [ http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907 ] 

- then after restarting the Mac, the "add printer" process worked.

Frustrating, though, that although Apple did have software to make my printer work, they did not "send it" via Apple "software update" as was suggested on HP's support portal.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation