cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lady_J710
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Photosmart-All in One- 2575v ((Ink Cartridge Problem))

HP Recommended

I have been through all the forums, all the online support pages, the book, and THE ERROR is still reporting. I have done all helpful suggestions to cure this error, I have cleaned cartridges, replaced cartridges, I checked ports, unplugged, reset, restarted, and even tried additional software suggested for updates, an error that occured immeadiately following a printing of a document this morning. AND NOTHING REMOVES THIS ERROR..The orange exclamation keeps flashing and the screen keeps reporting (( Ink Cartridge Problem, Remove and check color cartridge. Refer to printer documentation)) ANYBODY HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM OR AN ANSWER? The only solution I seen on forums was to buy a new printer, idealistic ??? In today's economy? Who can go buy a new printer and cartridges everytime this ERROR occurs? Why isn't there any other solutions ? Is there an internal reset button on these printers???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Fab_Photos
Level 1
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,  I am a HP employee and I might be able to help you with your problem by a partial reset if you would like to try this.  Outlined below are the steps you need to take to conduct a partial reset. 

Perform a partial reset
  1. If the product is turned off, press the On button ( ) to turn it on.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
  3. Press and hold OK and the Cancel button ( ) while plugging the power cord into the product.
  4. Continue pressing and holding the buttons until the product turns off.
  5. Press the On button ( ). OOB NVM Reset displays on the control panel.

Many thanks

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
lottie041986
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I have had exactly the same issues, cleaned cartridge heads, new ink etc etc and also the reset procedure as described below and still no luck!

PLEASE can you help in any other way or suggest what to do

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
PeteRFNY
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Honestly, I have had it with HP Printers. The previous one I had (1510) and this one (2575) have given me nothing but continuous cartridge problems. I have never put anything in this printer other than genuine HP cartridges, yet this is the fourth time I have had cartridge errors with BRAND NEW replacement cartridges after only a few uses and enough is enough. I can't continue to pay HP's exorbitant prices for replacement cartridges to get a handful of print jobs out of them. Bad experience after bad experience compounded by an inability to find a USEFUL solution to a ridiculous problem online or anywhere else means this is the LAST HP printer I shall be wasting my money on.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation