cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GLENN853
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart B109a - awful sounds and failure to print

I recently got an HP Photosmart B109a all in one printer, this was fine for a while but now when I turn it on it makes a horrible sound like a maching gun (and nearly as loud), and then fails to print. Often it will come up with a general printer error 0x61011beb, but also "The cartridge cradle cannot move". If I open the cover the cartridge cradle does move freely when I move it myself and there are no paper jams.

Anyone got an answer to this? At the moment even unplugging and removing and replacing cartridges dosn't work and the printer is unusable.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
kikokixz
Level 6
397 396 27 52
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try to follow this troubleshooting document to resolve your issue. This kind of error usually happens due to the fact there is a jammed paper inside of the unit. click here

Hope that would help you!

Smiley Happy

Kiko
0 Kudos
GLENN853
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have checked carefully and there are no paper jams. The noise is coming from the right hand side of the printer underneath where the cartridges usually are, in fact I can see it vibrating the cartridge cradle up an down when it makes the noise. I believe this part under the cradle should be moving backwards and forwards but is getting stuck. This is further over than where the paper goes.

0 Kudos
kikokixz
Level 6
397 396 27 52
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Call HP tech support at 1-800-474-6836 for any recommendations such as replacing your printer (if unit is still under warranty). I believe this is a mechanical failure of the printer.

Kiko
0 Kudos
GLENN853
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, I have done that and it is indeed going to be replaced.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation