Note on archived topics.
10-30-2016 08:25 AM
Hi I am having problems with the wireless connection dropping after each print job. I reconnect to the router but connection seems to only last for 1 print instruction. The software is the most uptodate.
11-01-2016 12:28 PM
Hello @jimbob1980 – Hope you are well!
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.
I understand you are facing issues with the printer dropping the wireless connection. Let’s try to assign manual IP to the printer first. Follow the steps below:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 126.96.36.199 and under manual alternate type 188.8.131.52 (This is Google DNS server address)
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee