Note on archived topics.
12-18-2013 02:09 PM - last edited on 02-24-2017 01:18 PM by OscarFuentes
I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the "ink system failure" message and error code after replacing the printhead.
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
12-25-2013 02:11 AM
no way to repaire, it needs to replace the printer head , the printerhead almost same price with new printer, this is crazy! SHAME ON HP COMPANY ! wasting time to troubleshoot, this printer is defective, this the commom problem of the hp printer , any 4 inkjet with separate printerhead from the inkjet , don't buy! , coz it will just wasting your money, just take my advice, buy printer which the printer head attach to the inkjet...
12-29-2013 11:33 AM
This is not my first HP bad experience but I have certainly learned my lesson. For all that money I could print for 2 weeks and after that this error. Now I have a very expensive doorstop after spending 2 hours of my time trying to fix it.
THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. IT IS NOT THE CONSUMERS FAULT IT IS THE FAULT OF hp (today lowercase on pupose)! HP, STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HAVE A CHANCE AT NOT LOOSING 10s OF THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS.
HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
12-29-2013 12:42 PM
02-28-2014 02:53 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 12:22 PM by OscarFuentes
If your printer is out of warranty and you've tried all the steps outlined in the link below ...
...then one option would be to purchase a new Printhead at the HP Part Store. The no. is CN643A, and I think for some countries (like the US) you get a reduced price for the printhead if you return the old one.
Replacing the printhead assembly
03-20-2014 09:19 AM
Solution one: Reset the product
Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.
- Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
- Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
- Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
- Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
- Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
- Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
Solution two: Service the product If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.