Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (827 Views)

HP Photosmart B110a Software Won't Install

Hi there.

I have a HP Photosmart B110a Printer and a Windows 8.1 PC. I have tried to install the software and drivers for this printer but I have encountered numerous errors.

First of all, I used the HP Printer Install Wizard which automatically finds the drivers. It downloaded and went on to the "Checking system" stage, but remained here for ages so I had to cancel.

When trying again, nothing appeared after downloading. I then manually downloaded the software from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4022343&

Making sure I chose 8.1 and 64 bit.

However this did the same, and after extracting nothing appeared despite the installation file running in Task Manager.

I have heard others having similar problems and I have tried to run a L3_Uninstall.bat. However, at stage 10 it fails and closes, and although it seems to then go on and do something else, it doesn't seem to uninstall properly. I have tried all other uninstall files and only the L1_Uninstall worked without error but still the installation won't start.

What should I do next? I seem to have tried everything suggested on other forums, and I believe that if I get the L3 file to work correctly, I will then be able to go on and install the files.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (751 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B110a Software Won't Install

I've tried lots of new things recently and nothing has worked. Tried using the CD (which only goes up to Windows 7) and although a windows is actually displayed, there is no install button, just an exit button. Also noticed while trying L3_Uninstall it does say there are files on my PC. Just can't get them somehow. And there are loads of 7z.... folders, lots of which contain util, ccc and a l3_uninstall but they all fail. Could somebody please give me a list of all the software associated with this device so I can try and uninstall it manually? Really grateful for any help, this is driving me mad.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation