Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Photosmart C4200 power button blinks and show welcome to photosmart express

HP Recommended
hp photosmart C4280 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

there was a message "Falha digit. Impossivel dig. ou san" after giving reset only appears
power button blinks and welcome to photosmart express 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 693
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @MitziBan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :generic:

I would like to assist you today with resolving the issue that you're experiencing on your HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer. However, in order for me to accurately guide you to a solution today I do need to clarify a few things.

• 1) Do you see any blinking or solid lights on your printer?

• 2) Are you seeing the Welcome to Photosmart Express message on the printer or on the computer?

• 3) Can you translate the error 'Falha digit. Impossivel dig. ou san' for me please? (this is an English forum)

• 4) What Reset did you perform on your printer, and why did you perform a Reset of your printer?

In the meantime, please click here to check the hardware on your machine. Please follow the steps under Solution one, and Solution two. Once troubleshooting is complete, test printing to confirm if your product is now responding.

Please respond to this post with the results of your troubleshooting. Should the issue persist, be sure to include your answers to my questions above so I can offer additional support. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi!

thanks for answering!

1) I see only power flashing and in the printer control panel welcome message...

3) something like "Failure scanning. Impossible scan or copy"

4) hard reset and panel reset

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 693
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @MitziBan,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue. 🙂

The error indicates that a hardware failure has occured within the scanning mechanism in your printer. The troubleshooting steps for this specific error can be found here: A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or F... Please review the steps under Solution one, and Solution two to ensure that they have both been completed correctly. Should the issue persist a Semi-Full Programming Reset will need to be attempted.

I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Reset. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

Be sure to let me know the result of the Reset. Also, should you feel that the Reset resolves this issue, please mark this post as a Solution so other users of the HP Support Forums can easily find this fix. Good luck!

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

do not give up on me!!!

did not work!!!

when I turn on the power plus cancel, light quality with one and two stars, then turn on all lights, after turn off all lights and display the welcome message on the control panel again...

tks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 693
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @MitziBan,

Thanks again for getting back to me regarding this issue.

Because the Semi-Full Reset failed to resolve this hardware error a full unit replacement may be needed. I would recommend at this point that you give our Technical Support queue a call by phone to explore hardware replacement options. Due to the age of your printer your product may quality for an upgraded printer at a discount price.

• HP Technical Support can be reached at: [edited]. This is the North America support number. If you are located elsewhere please let me know so I can get you the correct phone number.

It's been a pleasure working with you. I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation