Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer, Printer Assistant is lost

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I upgraded to Windows 10, I downloaded software from HP and re-installed my ols HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer, which works fine.  But now, I cannot find a way to run Printer Assistant.  I want to scan a document, and there's no desktop icon to start the software.  Does anyone know where I can find the Printer Assistant run file in order to run this software and create a desktop icon?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tsbt

The HP Photosmart C4280 comes with HP Solution Center, not Printer Assistant. Do you have another printer installed that uses Printer Assistant, or are you looking for the Solution Center? 

If you search the computer...   for the C4280 and select it, you should be able to open the software that allows you to scan. If you are having difficulty, you might consider running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to ensure you have the full feature software installed. 

Please let me know if this helps you to reach a solution, or if you require further assistance. Thanks

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn, thanks for your response.  When I search the web for the C4280 Solution Center, I come to an HP page that offers two files for download.    One is "HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows," and "HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows," both of which I already tried, with no luck.  The print and scan doctor tests the print and scan features, which work.  The Wizard tells me that my software is installed correctly and won't download for me any of the drivers, ultimately telling me to go again to the Wizard, and not allowing me to re-install anyway.  Circular.  This is not a wise Wizard.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the Printer Install Wizard says you have the software, let's check the computer again. Please type in Solution Center in the search box and see if the program appears. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn, you have lit up my day!  I found the file "Solution Center" short cut, which was in the Desktop folder, but it was not moved to the Desktop yet (its icon was not displayed on the Desktop).  So I moved the shortcut, started it up, and everything looks fine.  Thanks much!!!

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation