Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@corrinecraig I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

hi - saw this message - have a 4780 for a long time - a couple of weeks ago starting (when I turn it on) feeding a page halfway and stopping; then will not print (although pc seems to send it fine); do I need to reset the printer or is it just broken and I need a new one (it has been "rat tat tatting" for awhile now) - I know it needs a new ink cartridge but if it's broken I don't want to waste the ink - some people have said the new cartridge might fix it but I don't see how - any advice you can give is appreciated, would rather not buy a new printer - thanks. (by the way have disconnected plug etc., doesn't help - and reinstalled drivers).

HP Recommended

Hello @rr33 , and welcome to the HP Forums.

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would then suggest the following documents:

'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One

A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Sorry to have taken so long.  The hard reset did not work. 

Thanks in advance for any other help you can give!

HP Recommended

My printer is stuck on the HP initalizing screen (blue bar moving). I am unable to power it off by the button, it is frozen. I have tried taking out the cartridges and reset that way and it didn't work.

HP Recommended

Can someone send me the reset please?

thank you

HP Recommended

Can I also get instructions on factory-reset for the HP Photosmart C4780?

Mine is stuck on the HP loading screen and unplugging everything, waiting, and plugging everything back in hasn't worked.  I have also tried uninstalling all the software and reinstalling everything including all the new updates and it's still stuck on the HP loading screen every time plug it in. The power button also doesn't work to turn it off, I have to unplug it to "turn it off."

Thanks!

HP Recommended

HI 

My HP photosmart printer c4780 is stuck on the HP booting screen and does not get out of it. Touching the touch buttons next to the screen does not do anything. I am able to use the printer to print via USB.

Can you please send me the reset instructions.

THanks,

Abid.

HP Recommended

Why are reset instructions such a closely-guarded secret?  I installed this printer years ago on a homegroup that is now defunct.  The password for the homegroup is lost in the mists of time. There are no longer any computers on it.  I need to reset the printer so that I can link it to a live computer.

HP Recommended

Hi TwoPointOh-

Thanks for this suggestion--my screen is frozen as well, and I've tried everythign else mentioned on this forum to reset.

I need to do the hard reset--can I ask for a PM on hpw to do this as well?

Many thanks!

-John

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.