Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (379 Views)

HP Photosmart C7180 all in one printer fax scanner copier

my printer has the ablilty to scan negatives but will not because it says , after pushing the film button, and ok  the scan to computer option ,  "Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.   " Where is that .  I did try to intstall the cd but it says it needs  updates for this printer which support only up to windows xp  ,  My computer is windows 7.   Then is says to refer to my computers documentaion for information on upgrading your computers opeating system.  Or in this case an older system?  I can use all the other features but the film one.  It worked on my old computer but that died last June.    

Can you give me a web page with the updates or am I just out of luck on using it for film.   unless there is something else I need to do but the instructions are pretty straight forward .  Remove the pannel put in film and put on screen press film etc.

Then the above messages appear.

Any  help  even a can not be done is ok  then I can just stop

Georgene

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 2 (361 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7180 all in one printer fax scanner copier

Hi, you need the Windows 7 software. Find it HERE

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation