Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

HP Photosmart C7250 Error Message

Hi All,

I have an HP Photosmart C7250 all in one printer which I purchased about 5 years ago for home use.  I really haven't used it a lot, but it has been the best printer, scannner and copier that I have ever owned.  On Sunday, it quit printing, but it will still scan.  There is an error message on the printer screen that is as follows:  0xc18a0406 Ink System Failure.  Ink system has failed .  Unable to copy, receive faxes or print.  Refer to printer documentation.

I called the help number in the Basic Guide that came with the printer in order to see if it could be repaired.  I was told that the printer is no longer supported by HP and that it is probably a hardware problem. They recommended that I purchase a new printer.  Does anyone know if there is anyone who will repair this machine in the San Jose, Campbell, Cupertino area and if it might be a simple repair?

Thanks,

Chali

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 6 (618 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7250 Error Message

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Before sending the printer for repair please try the steps mentioned in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (606 Views)

Hi DevRao,

Thank you for the information, but the error messages didn't match the number or message on my printer and the inside and printer head look different.  I am not sure that my printer head is easily removable.  I did follow the instructions as far as I could.  I removed all of the ink cartridges and looked at them carefully.  I also tried disconnecting the power and restarting the printer.  I also tried the software control of cleaning the printer head.  All to no avail.  I have ordered a new printer from HP, but I would still like to repair my existing printer if not too exspensive.

Best Regards,

Chali

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (600 Views)

Hi,

Please reset the printer to its factory defaults after removing the cartridges.

The reset instruction has been sent to your inbox as a personal message.

Student
Message 5 of 6 (532 Views)

I have a C7250 for 5 years. About more than a year ago, I started getting blue screen in the printer's display with different codes in each turn on attempt. For example: B851FE84, B0376EEB, B400006C, etc. I once got a green screen with "12345" in printer display. I was trying several resets until it works for a while. It starts blinking with all its buttons after working 5-10 minutes. I could not see any similar problem except it also gives Ink System Failure message. Despite replacing the cartriges the printer indicates to be replaced, the problem continues with or without a computer is connected. The factory defaults setting in the printer menu did not solve the problem. Unplugging power cable from back of the printer and from the wall did not help either. Is there a hard reset to bring the printer to the initial factory settings?

Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 6 (522 Views)

Hi Baturhan,

Please find the reset instructions sent as a private message to your inbox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation