cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lacinemodenzyl
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

I purchased this printer no more than one year ago and, with the Windows 7 assessment, had an indication that it would work after I changed from Windows Vista.  Now I cannot access the program via Windows 7 on this computer.  HP even told me to remove and reload the program.  I removed it and, thereafter, was unable to reload, so I did a system restore to prior to the removal time of this program and hopefully it is again on this computer.  I tried tech support via phone AND chat AND e-mail.  None of the suggestions worked and most suggestions were not even relevant to my problem, as though technicians were not listening to me.  The download of the software/drivers from HP recommended for Windows 7 times out and will not work, so I have ordered this "download" to have it sent two-day Fed-Ex and will have it 12-3-09 by evening.  I don't even know if this software will make a difference.  I like the Photosmart C7280 and it is way too "new" to trash.  How can I again use this printer with my Sony Vaio now operating with Windows 7?  Also, I use this printer as a wireless device with this computer.  I know there is nothing wrong with my HP printer because another computer with the same printer program that uses Windows XP works with it.  Please help.
8 REPLIES 8
Level 8
Level 8
737 721 55 234
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

Please go have a look at this thread

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=PrintingWin7&message.id=1305#M1305

I think that you are having this problem and this Workaround should help you out.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Level 4 goes2eleven
Level 4
93 93 5 14
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

The new software you ordered is designed for windows7 and will work properly if it is version 13.1.0.  It will clean up the older drivers off your system from the vista to win7 upgrade.

The software that you can grab from the www.hp.com site is the same that will be on the CD they sent you.  If you have a slow internet connection, I would recommend that get a friend to download it and put it on a flash drive or CD if you do not want to wait till the 3rd.   Sometimes the www.hp.com web site gets overloaded with traffic so just keep trying if you do have a fast internet connection.

here is the link again.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76036-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&... 

-goes211

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?" - Nigel Tufnel
0 Kudos
talljr
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

I have tried everything but no luck.

C7280

Windows 7 32 bit

Installed new software and Dot 4 patch

Installed diags, utilities, etc. (basically every program on the Windows 7 page)

Using Ethernet and USB as both are right next to my computer

Got it to work once using C7280BT driver but it knocked out the scanner/fax

By doing normal install, I get scannner/fax, but not printing.

8 hours+ spent and still no luck..

Matt Herron
National Parts Manager
Nexicore Services
805-306-2634 - Direct
805-501-6805 - Cell
805-306-2859 - Direct Fax
Email: mherron@nexicore.com
AOL IM: MatthNex
0 Kudos
jan9211
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

When I click on this link, I get the message:

The message you are trying to access is not available.

I just purchased a new Gateway Model MS2285 with Windows 7 and cannot get the C7280 to print--even though it is relatively and worked just fine with XP. I tried downloading new drivers with no success. When I try to print, I get this error message: 0x0000007a Printer Error.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Merlin69
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

@jan9211 wrote:

When I click on this link, I get the message:

The message you are trying to access is not available.

I just purchased a new Gateway Model MS2285 with Windows 7 and cannot get the C7280 to print--even though it is relatively and worked just fine with XP. I tried downloading new drivers with no success. When I try to print, I get this error message: 0x0000007a Printer Error.  Thanks for any help.

This problem still hasn't been fixed???? Really, why?

:Crying:  

I've have had this problem documented for just over six months now. I use a different print driver to get the something printed.

As I remember, one of the first excuses was that Win 7 was a surprise to the HP code writers. Now that win 7 has been in the wild for over a year is there any explanation?  

Myself, I established ticket number 8031568535 back in November, had a few hours of telephone support, email exchanges with 20 some replies from HP Total Care, and had a telephone conference with three HP code writers. Yet, the drivers for the C7280 ver 13.1.0 will still not work on my HP e9180 machine with Win 7 64-bit loaded on.

0 Kudos
MelodyLee
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

I am having the same problem. I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and I cannot download my Hp Photosmart  7280 on it. I have been trying for a week.

I will continue to try since I have paid so much for the printer.

0 Kudos
sr310gulur226
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

This problem ocurred when it is working fine. The control panel screen error message " Phototray Problem" pull ot the tray and push all the way back until it clicks. After doing as suggested, again the same message, it repeated again and again and printer stopped working- now nothing happens- any solution??

SR

0 Kudos
andyzutler
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart C7280

This still seems to be a problem.  The printer scanner software just does not install.   It gets part way through and then just disapears.

The link to a thread that may hold the answer may have expired because it just goes dead.

???

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation