Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (6,333 Views)

HP Photosmart D110 ip address changed

Ok.... I bought this printer on black Friday and have had no problems until today. The printer was off for a day and when I cut it on to print, I kept getting an error on my Windows XP computer that it had trouble communicating with printer. So I tried to print a picture from my EVO phone and got the same message. I did the wireless setup and it successfully connected to the router and printed a network configuration page. I sent an email to the printer and it printed fine. I noticed the ip address on the print configuration says 192.168.1.3. Before it was 192.168.1.2. I looked at my printer properties on the computer and it says the ip for the printer is 192.168.1.2. So I thought, well that must be the problem. I tried manually changing the ip to .3, but it still gives an error. I searched the forums here and one poster said to try to connect to .3 from a web page, so I tried that, but it wouldn't connect. What in the world am I doing wrong? This is so aggravating because I need to print a pdf. I emailed the pdf, but it prints landscape instead of portrait. I have restarted both printer and computer. I also have a windows 7 laptop and it doesn't work either. I am sure it is the ip address, but I cannot figure out how to legitimately change the ip address or access the printer wirelessly. I went into the HP Solution Center software on my pc, but there is nowhere to reconfigure the ip   Do I need to contact HP support? Maybe I need to uninstall the software and reload, but I surely hope that isn't the solution. 

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (6,312 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 ip address changed

Try looking at this for a solution...this will outline how to connect to your printer and change the IP address...I think you need to set a manual IP address outside the range your router is using. This will stop all the issues with the IP address...worked for me 10 seconds ago, so hope it helps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/SOLUTION-to-your-HP-printer-going-offli...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation