Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Tried installing the latest drivers. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Keep getting the "HP imaging device was not found". Scanning works if I plug a printer usb cable directly into printer though.
Welcome to the HP Forums!
Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to install the latest driver for the printer.
Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.
· When was the last time the printer was working fine?
· Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
· Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
Printer was working fine last week. All I did was allow Windows 10 to auto update. Trouble shooting steps are all in the original post.
- uninstalled all HP software including printer drivers
- reinstalled all HP software including printer drivers
- when printer cable is plugged, scanner works
- when trying to scan via wifi, it doesn't.
I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community