Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dewey212 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart Premium C310 does not print at all. No error message about out of ink.

suggest steps to remedy the situation

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
31999 2330 7594
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart Premium C310 does not print at all. No error message about out of ink.

Please read this post then provide some details.   What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?  Does paper move through the printer as if being printed but the pages are blank?

If the printer does not respond at all  running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

If the pages are blank see the troubleshooting steps in this page.  If the troubleshooting steps there do not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

dewey212 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

windows 7 home premium service pack 1     no error messages on ither screen.  paper does move through printer just like it did when it was actually printing before.  i have had this equipment ~15 months,  i also have an hp photosmart 7760 also usb wired to the computer.  it works great.  perhaps the c310 needs more "exercise".

0 Kudos
dewey212 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

one more perhaps important piece of information.    error message printer alignment failed.      i seem to remember this error occurred and then i could no longer print black and white information.   perhaps a different printer is in my future.

0 Kudos
dewey212 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank you for helping me.  i purchased another printer.  hopefully my troubles are over.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
31999 2330 7594
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You might try soaking the printhead as shown in this post.  Black not working would cause alignment to fail.  [Sorry for the delay, I wrote this but did not hit post.  Too many open tabs....]

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
dewey212 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

will try your suggestions.  new printer should arrive 10/9/12

0 Kudos
JerryMcGinn Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi - My HP C310 prints fine when copying, but is not working when printing wirelessly.  Printouts are just lines and no words.  There appears to be a problem with wireless printing.  I have a Mac so I cannot use the diagnostic tools that you kindly posted.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Jerry 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
31999 2330 7594
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There are a few possibilities.  I am not a Mac guy, but I have seen cases where printing from Mac's use color ink where black would be expected.  I would start by checking the troubleshooting steps in the document here.  When printing the diagnostic page in solution six do black and all the colors print properly?

If not then scanning the page and posting the image here would help.  If you cannot do that please describe any defects on the diagnostic page.  If one or more of the colors are not printing properly and you have followed all the troubleshooting steps then the post here may help.

If the diagnostic page prints fine (and both black and color copies print properly) then the issue is probably better addressed in the Mac Printing and Scanning forum or the Printer Networking and Wireless forum.  In either case be sure to post plenty of details, including which version of Mac OS you have and the model of your wireless router.  Be sure to post any error messages you may see on the printer or computer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

JerryMcGinn Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks very much, Bob!  All the diagnostics are fine so this must be a Mac printing or wireless issue.  Will go to those forums and post.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation